PS5 crosses 25 million sold, sets record for subscription revenue, increases 18m forecast

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony lost nearly 2m PS Plus subs but increased their revenue. Interesting.

Subscription gaming isn’t the name of the game. Sony realized a while back that 48m number was peak covid fluff, and that increasing the number of subscribers was a fools errand. Everyone that wants ps plus has it already, and the numbers dropping off are from ps4 players pretty much bushing their consoles now.

The buffet of games people keep hyping on ps plus, or gamepass isn’t that appealing to people. I would say the vast majority of people with ps plus only have it for online multiplayer.

Thats why even Microsoft has been saying that gamepass numbers are slowing down and it won’t be increasing in revenue from that 12-14%. They are already starting to pivot, talking more about pc gamepass and streaming growth because most people dont really have a use for that many games. A lot of people are on these consoles playing F2P stuff like Destiny, Apex, Roblox, Genshin, Warzone, Fortnite.

F2P is going to be where growth comes from not subscription services.

And before any dumbass xbox stan comes in here thinking im championing F2P, no….shyts garbage, and it will ultimately be what pushes me out of gaming but im assuming i got at least 1.5 good generations left before that

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Subscription gaming isn’t the name of the game. Sony realized a while back that 48m number was peak covid fluff, and that increasing the number of subscribers was a fools errand. Everyone that wants ps plus has it already, and the numbers dropping off are from ps4 players pretty much bushing their consoles now.

The buffet of games people keep hyping on ps plus, or gamepass isn’t that appealing to people. I would say the vast majority of people with ps plus only have it for online multiplayer.

Thats why even Microsoft has been saying that gamepass numbers are slowing down and it won’t be increasing in revenue from that 12-14%. They are already starting to pivot, talking more about pc gamepass and streaming growth because most people dont really have a use for that many games. A lot of people are on these consoles playing F2P stuff like Destiny, Apex, Roblox, Genshin, Warzone, Fortnite.

And before any dumbass xbox stan comes in here thinking im championing F2P, no….shyts garbage, and it will ultimately be what pushes me out of gaming but im assuming i got at least 1.5 good generations left before that
so why do people subscribe to the higher tiers of PS+?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Up at walmart

Breh I get those ps5 alerts and it was looking like Walmart had a huge inventory last night because well over a hour after the initial tweet he kept saying there’s still more.

At this point anyone who says they can’t find a system just isn’t trying

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh I get those ps5 alerts and it was looking like Walmart had a huge inventory last night because well over a hour after the initial tweet he kept saying there’s still more.

At this point anyone who says they can’t find a system just isn’t trying

Yeah, even then they are gonna be dropping these everyday from today onwards so all that “i can’t find a ps5” talk gotta end, time to get your bread up brehs, its been two years.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

This