PS5 and Xbox largely unpopular with Gen Z in Japan

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't take the heat then don't try to cook in this kitchen.
You make shyt to bait folks and abandon ship when folks react.
You knew wtf you was doing.
Cut it out.

Oh that's what's going on, :mjlol: y'all instantly came in here and made it a PlayStation vs Xbox thing.

Instead of even talking about a shift in how people game.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Like i said, my teenager asked for a pc, not a console. $1500 just to play fortnite at over 120fps with a geforce 4xxx card in the thing.

Yeah I have two younger bros on my dad's side who are middle school/early high school age and they're definitely all about PCs or Switch.

I guess Playstation and Xbox are basically a 25+ thing now for us oldheads :flabbynsick:

It's funny because I work in IT for a living but I've never been much of a PC Gamer, was always a console person. I deal with enough Windows troubleshooting at work that when I'm at home playing the game I'm not trying to have to deal with some Windows 10/11 issue.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like i said, my teenager asked for a pc, not a console. $1500 just to play fortnite at over 120fps with a geforce 4xxx card in the thing.

Yeah most of the younglings I know either play on phone, tablets, or switch mainly.

They really don't sit in front of a TV unless it's to watch a movie.

Last edited:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Oh that's what's going on, :mjlol: y'all instantly came in here and made it a PlayStation vs Xbox thing.

Instead of even talking about a shift in how people game.
I don't worry about what someone younger than me plays.
I actually play the games. :banderas:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Well yeah

Mf can't pay rent, they're not going to drop enough money to pay for 1/2 of groceries on an unfinished game riddled with micro transactions and bugs.

The focus is on pumping the value of the publisher for investors instead of on just making a good game and keeping the brand strong. As a result you get games announced way before they're ready and when they drop they still aren't ready.

With a DS game, you know that the thing won't have a gigantic day one patch and need to be online all the time for no reason or have a bunch of content paywalled.

If elden ring, Alan wake 2, super Mario Wonder and bg3 are anything to go buy...critics AND players want games that are finished, work properly, feature complete and actually worth the cost of purchase.