PS4 holding back “Next Gen” smh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So at this point its clear Sony and most 3rd party devs are still all in on PS4.

Current gen games will suffer until Sony let’s go of the PS4.

:scust: at them for ruining current gen games

PS5 owners just playing a bunch of upresed last gen games for their new console money, while PC players living the life :wow:

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So at this point its clear Sony and most 3rd party devs are still in on PS4.

This argument doesn't work while the Series S exists and is the best selling version between the two. :mjlol:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

PS5 owners just playing a bunch of upresed last gen games for their new console money, while PC players living the life :wow:
This is somewhat true, though it conveniently leaves out a couple other factors, such as the whole reason the ps4 is even continuing production, and the below point as well..
This argument doesn't work while the Series S exists and is the best selling version between the two. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is why I switched to PC, my gaming experience has been what is today for the past seven years basically

and people fell blown away by the marginal upgrades on ps5 from the ps4 garbage frame rates

but we won't see any real next gen graphics until next year

but then you will be a 40 series GPU to play these games with any type of decent performance

and you can forget about the ps5 and xbox lmao

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is why I switched to PC, my gaming experience has been what is today for the past seven years basically

and people fell blown away by the marginal upgrades on ps5 from the ps4 garbage frame rates

but we won't see any real next gen graphics until next year

but then you will be a 40 series GPU to play these games with any type of decent performance

and you can forget about the ps5 and xbox lmao
I wouldn’t say this is really true due to the dynamic resolution these games employ lately. The real framerate hit comes from two factors: ray tracing and 4k res.
Long as devs sparingly employ ray tracing and use dynamic res + upsampling features built into modern GPUs seen in these consoles, performance will be good and graphics will be great.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
PS4 got way more users and is extremely underpowered compared to the series S.

Remember Series S can play the most impressive “next gen” showcase we’ve seen in the matrix demo. PS4 can’t.:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn’t say this is really true due to the dynamic resolution these games employ lately. The real framerate hit comes from two factors: ray tracing and 4k res.
Long as devs sparingly employ ray tracing and use dynamic res + upsampling features built into modern GPUs seen in these consoles, performance will be good and graphics will be great.

DLSS and DLDSR have already solved the raytracing problem, you don't even need a 4k monitor anymore DLDSR can upscale a 1080p screen virtually to 4k and it's pretty much the same, only thing that matters now is OLED might as well not even buy a 4k anything for PC

Most games don't even have raytracing so why do people bring that up

Only game with a full raytracing suite on PC is Cyberpunk 2077

God of War doesn't have raytracing, the port is terrible, the graphics are dated and the game is still demanding performance wise

newer games are better optimized than old games though I will say that

but there's barely been any new games, and these games are all still last gen games that can run on last gen hardware

Forza Horizon can run even on a garbage GPU and still look decent, yet people hate on this game for some reason, when it is extremely optimized like horizon 4 was

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony always lying and them guzzlers take everything without saying a word.

It's inexcusable why God of War and Horizon is not simply Next Gen. The only legit AAA next gen game will be Redwall and Starfield from Microsoft. Sony lied to me and I feel betrayed. They are showing VR when they can't even sale the system it's based on in stores :mjcry:.

In the meantime Xbox Series S is the most popular console at its price point with gamepass.

Last edited:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The whole reason is that Sony is still making money on it :stopitslime:
Sure. Probably the main reason. But let’s not act like they can simply go all in on ps5 production while cutting off ps4 with the supply chain as it is. Ps4 supply chain long established and much less constrained

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sure. Probably the main reason. But let’s not act like they can simply go all in on ps5 production while cutting off ps4 with the supply chain as it is. Ps4 supply chain long established and much less constrained
I’m sure they are producing as many PS5s as they can.

This thread isn’t a response to reality.

It’s a study of the rhetoric that gets thrown around. Forcing Sony stans to come to terms with their fukk shyt :ehh:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
PS4 got way more users and is extremely underpowered compared to the series S.

Remember Series S can play the most impressive “next gen” showcase we’ve seen in the matrix demo. PS4 can’t.:ufdup:
You're just making arguments against the Series X down the line :yeshrug:

I’m sure they are producing as many PS5s as they can.

This thread isn’t a response to reality.

It’s a study of the rhetoric that gets thrown around. Forcing Sony stans to come to terms with their fukk shyt :ehh:
You don't seem to realize you're doing the same thing.