PS4 Game Recording and Streaming Features don't require PS Plus

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I thought this would be happening next gen. People were like why would you want to do that? Because sometimes it's better to show someone something then explaining it. People are going to be sharing all kinds of footage to social media when the console is the norm. Just watch and see.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
I thought this would be happening next gen. People were like why would you want to do that? Because sometimes it's better to show someone something then explaining it. People are going to be sharing all kinds of footage to social media when the console is the norm. Just watch and see.

Exactly...I stay on youtube for walkthroughs and shyt. Not to mention the COD and Battlefield videos on there are pure comedy. Now Sony cut out the middleman and you can share videos directly wit other gamers :whew:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
First and foremost, the PS4 records up to 15 minutes automatically, you don't do anything. If you chose to, you can press the share button and cycle through 15 minutes of game play and decide if you want to keep 3 seconds 1 minute or all 15 minutes of game play. So if by chance you get this fantastic dunk in NBA 2K14 or make an incredible 4th quarter comeback, or if you are playing online and want to expose a cheater for his/her tactics. No longer do you have to tell me about how you can just show me. If you want to get the attention of a developer for some type of bug, it's being recorded.

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time

You beat me too it and said it in a more eloquent way.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Finally some decent Sony news! Unfortunately it would be little use to me. But good news is good news :win:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
nikkas record their own gaming, upload it on youtube and get paid for it.

This just shows you how behind the curve some people are on this forum. That shyt has been a HUGE money maker for some people this gen.

Can you export raw files to PC for editing on either console?

If not, I don't see how in-console recording will replace external devices for serious uploaders. Editing in an intro, unrelated clips, music, color corrections, self shots, etc will require more than either console can offer.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Can you export raw files to PC for editing on either console?

If not, I don't see how in-console recording will replace external devices for serious uploaders. Editing in an intro, unrelated clips, music, color corrections, self shots, etc will require more than either console can offer.
It will not replace, but supplement the already growing market.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
The PS4 and Xbox One having Ustream and Twitch streaming is a HUGE deal.

With the PS3/360 if you wanted to capture/stream gameplay (think youtube clips/fighting game tourneys), it was going to run you quite a bit of money

Now that PS4/X1 have these capabilities available without the need of the equipment needed to do the same thing on the current gen, The possibilities are endless

This greatly benefits the competitive gaming communities. I can see this feature being used heavily in the Fighting Game Community and Competitive FPS community

Edit: this post was typed up before @Spliff and @Liquid posted

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
First and foremost, the PS4 records up to 15 minutes automatically, you don't do anything. If you chose to, you can press the share button and cycle through 15 minutes of game play and decide if you want to keep 3 seconds 1 minute or all 15 minutes of game play. So if by chance you get this fantastic dunk in NBA 2K14 or make an incredible 4th quarter comeback, or if you are playing online and want to expose a cheater for his/her tactics. No longer do you have to tell me about how you can just show me. If you want to get the attention of a developer for some type of bug, it's being recorded.

yep. it's similar to recording with COD or Skate. if some crazy shyt happens, you can go back and make a clip of it