PS VITA permanent jailbreak available now. Allows you to use regular SD card.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
ive had one for about a year or two now, its cool, the biggest game changer is the sd card.

I haven't touched it since I got my jailbroken 3ds tho.
What's the word with jailbreaking the 3DS?
What are you doing with it now that you couldn't before.
My 3DS hasn't even been turned on a single time for almost a year.
I haven't touched my VITA in more than a year.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

breaks region lock
lets me install fan made English patches/mods/rom hacks
emulators/roms
there's other stuff as well but that's primarily what I use it for. 3ds has interesting import games that I sometimes want to try.

obiously you can use it for pirating as well (not that I condone such a thing :mjpls:)

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had more fun with my Vita than my 3DS which I mainly only used for the Shin Megami games

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I've been on this since they released the original henkaku hack last year, I've been eating very well:cook::eat:

edit:read through the thread and for the people asking questions. it runs vita games perfectly through game dumps. also plays psp games perfectly too

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I would only be interested in emulatorseeing. The vital screen and controls are dope. Would much rather have a hacked vita that can emulate she's perfectly then a she's classic.

Plus remote play is clutch. Horizon on the toilet :wow:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I did the Henkaku jailbreak a few weeks ago, added all my favorite NES, Genisis, SNES games and the vita plays them flawlessly :mjgrin:
Make sure you get a VITA that hasn't been updated past 3.60. the jailbreak doesn't work past that firmware version. fortunately i hadn't played my vita in years so it was easy to upgrade to 3.60.
Ive been running through Mike Tyson's Punchout the last few days when i get a chance:wow:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I did the Henkaku jailbreak a few weeks ago, added all my favorite NES, Genisis, SNES games and the vita plays them flawlessly :mjgrin:
Make sure you get a VITA that hasn't been updated past 3.60. the jailbreak doesn't work past that firmware version. fortunately i hadn't played my vita in years so it was easy to upgrade to 3.60.
Ive been running through Mike Tyson's Punchout the last few days when i get a chance:wow:
Does that mean you can never take the system back online again (Not that I was playing any online games to begin with but I believe you would also lose trophy support as well correct?) Do you lose the jailbreak if you update afterwards? (I would imagine so)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Does that mean you can never take the system back online again (Not that I was playing any online games to begin with but I believe you would also lose trophy support as well correct?) Do you lose the jailbreak if you update afterwards? (I would imagine so)

From what I last remember, there were firmware spoofers that let you log into PSN, at risk of getting your PSN ID banned of course (they can see if you running un authorized software)

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you use remote play with a hacked vita?

soulfuljah

All Star
Daps
*Create virtual console .cia files, so you can basically run most GB(C), GBA, NES, Game Gear, and if you got a N3DS, a good number of SNES games "perfectly" emulated
*Dump carts to .cia so you can play them from your SD card
*Save editors

*Region lock (still don't get why Nintendo pulled that move :hhh:)

It's a lot of other stuff you can do, but that's what I use it for :yeshrug:
It Nintendo would have given the 3DS a screen like the Vita :banderas: