PS Plus has something for new fans but Stans *ahem, Vets* may feel Left Out.

Is PS Plus worth it for Sony Vets?

• Absolutely

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I'm a Stan I buy everything PlayStation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a hater, I don't touch Playstation services

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So you saying the average person can't buy 3 years of Xbox Gold at $50 per year, add it to their account, go on their Xbox and pay $1 to convert that 3 years to Game Pass Ultimate? I mean as I randomly said this on Newegg right now Gold is on sale for $50.

my ultimate ran out last month, so I can do this without creating a new account? I thought they closed this loop. and it has to be 3 years of Live gold to do this?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can get Game Pass Ultimate through gold conversion for 3 years at about $153 in total ($50 and some change per year of Gold which can be found on sale at Newegg all the time and at Sam's Club or Costco). That's an average price of $4.25 a month. That single game cost about 5 months worth of that 36 months. I mean if on average in a year you play $51 worth of games that are on Game Pass you came out ahead. Play and complete TMNT and you're 40% of the way to getting that value for the year.

Your thinking about this in terms of experiences you can only get on a given platform and It's more about the most cost effective way to get access to games you'd want to play. The fact that you can access that game on another platform is irrelevant because it cost far more to do so.
Go on somewhere with all this rationalizing. It's a game that anyone can play and they don't have to worry about losing access if a subscription expires.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I am enjoying the subscription future (gamepass) since it makes me impulse buy games less. Currently, I don't see the value in PS+ premium, but there's lots of value in PS+ Extra. However, I am locked in to PS+ until 2024, so I will prob upgrade to PS+ extra by then

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Sony is smart they rip off EA access make another separate "tier" that includes early limited access to 1st party games that carry over.

You get 6 -12 hours of play and 24-42 hours of early access depending on the package you buy.

There 1st party IPs are strong enough to make this thrive, Sony stans are gonna eat it up, streamers pretty much have to purchase it and people get early/day and date demo's.

Problem solved.

Roll this out before a big launch like gow or Spiderman and the checks cash themselves.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh my god!!! You can play a game that everyone else can play. Holy shyt that game pass is something ain’t it?

The fact that yalls metric for value of a console strictly if a games are exclusive tells me all I need to know.

Not only can I play TMNT, but I can play with friends on PC, and for free... And even with friends that weren't necessarily Interested in buying it can just get gamepass either on PC on Xbox and we play.

I've never gotten 4-6 friends to play a game together between PC and Xbox than I have with this game and gamepass.

Couch coop with cross play...

But hey people can play it on other systems so somehow it's not as good

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The fact that yalls metric for value of a console strictly if a games are exclusive tells me all I need to know.

Not only can I play TMNT, but I can play with friends on PC, and for free... And even with friends that weren't necessarily Interested in buying it can just get gamepass either on PC on Xbox and we play.

I've never gotten 4-6 friends to play a game together between PC and Xbox than I have with this game and gamepass.

I think they will eventually do the staggered release on service by going EA play route. I am unsure if people will upgrade without having some kind of guarantee that games will release 6-12 months after launch. Also, don't think that would affect sales that much because the majority of sales happen within the first month.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

But everyone can still play it. Big deal, you can play with PC gamers. Other people can still play the game and have a wonderful experience. It would be cool if there was cross platform co-op on PS, but I’m still throughly enjoying the shyt out of the game regardless.

But take your weak ass victory laps wherever you can fit one in I guess.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
my ultimate ran out last month, so I can do this without creating a new account? I thought they closed this loop. and it has to be 3 years of Live gold to do this?
You can always do after your Xbox Game Pass expires. You can't add to Game Pass when it's active but once it expires you can do the conversion again up to 3 years at a time. So you do 3 years let it expire then do 3 more years.