PS Plus becomes most popular gaming subscription service in UK

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But I was told Sony were getting left behind by subscription services and that Gamepass was the future. Isn’t that right @winb83 :laff:

Sony did this and they didnt even have to drop day one exclusives :wow:

Once Spartacus drops and with all the quality games on there and with Ps5 stock improving, the gap will only get wider

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its strange because they told me you couldn't compete unless you put your games on the service day one.:patrice:
With PSplus now doing better than gamepass, watch Meach and the xbot crowd drop their interest in Gamepass. The only reason they kept sucking gamepass dikk was because it was the only advantage xbox had over PlayStation. Now that the advantage is gone, they don’t have to pretend anymore :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With PSplus now doing better than gamepass, watch Meach and the xbot crowd drop their interest in Gamepass. The only reason they kept sucking gamepass dikk was because it was the only advantage xbox had over PlayStation. Now that the advantage is gone, they don’t have to pretend anymore :mjlol:

yeah, sony is just gonna get more competitive and improve the service over time which means they'll also be securing 3rd party content. Gamepass won't run unopposed anymore so it won't be worth talking about

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You goofys still equating PS+ The service required to play games online on playstation to Gamepass, an actual subscription service, while ignoring the millions of XBL subscribers who just pay for online.

Make it make sense sony stan brehs :smh:
I wasn't even gonna bother lol. They merged a whole service and are surprised the numbers went up🤣

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You goofys still equating PS+ The service required to play games online on playstation to Gamepass, an actual subscription service, while ignoring the millions of XBL subscribers who just pay for online.

Make it make sense sony stan brehs :smh:

I wasn't even gonna bother lol. They merged a whole service and are surprised the numbers went up🤣

tenor.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
PlayStation Plus is the most popular paid-for subscription service in the UK, with 3.2 million subscribers at the end of last year, followed by Xbox Game Pass at 2.6 million, Xbox Live Gold at 1.5 million, and Nintendo Switch Online at 1.49 million.

these numbers don't make sense. I guess a lot of those Game Pass subscribers have "Ultimate" which includes Gold, but then they should be included in the Gold numbers

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think it's better to compare numbers with PS+ and now vs gamepass and XBLG. Also still pretty impressive to have numbers that close with Playstation having a much larger install base in the UK.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's better to compare numbers with PS+ and now vs gamepass and XBLG. Also still pretty impressive to have numbers that close with Playstation having a much larger install base in the UK.
PlayStation and Xbox are pretty close in the uk. In fact this year alone the series x has actually outsold the Ps5 over there due to shortages of Ps5.