Africa-Judges.jpg

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Meanwhile:

photo_credit_-_the_judicary_of_kenya_resized.jpeg

Africa-Judges.jpg

Some African states never developed their own indigenous legal institutions/body of law after decolonization.

I understand the ease of using English Common Law or the Napoleonic Code but c’mon

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Just an older Black man, and his take on perceptions about competence/professionalism. Nothing more.

The late Earl Graves publicly voiced sentiments along the same line. Also the Dean of the Business School at Hampton U. said this years ago.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just an older Black man, and his take on perceptions about competence/professionalism. Nothing more.

The late Earl Graves publicly voiced sentiments along the same line. Also the Dean of the Business School at Hampton U. said this years ago.
The Mau Mau rebellion happened in Kenya. Many of those fighters had ro retreat to the jungles where they grew dreds.

That nikka is just full of shyt.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Nothing wrong with dreads and locs. A professional is going to make sure they look neat and clean anyway. These racists and c00ns are equating all locs with some random dusty they came across on a corner or something. Now those English wigs those judges were wearing; THAT looks absolutely ridiculous. Legitimately shameful in so many ways.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nothing wrong with dreads and locs. A professional is going to make sure they look neat and clean anyway. These racists and c00ns are equating all locs with some random dusty they came across on a corner or something. Now those English wigs those judges were wearing; THAT looks absolutely ridiculous. Legitimately shameful in so many ways.
Yeah there is difference between some whoopi goldberg locs, and some white boy stoner locs. as long as you keep shyt neat it looks professional imo.
Whoopi wouldn't look out of place as a doctor or a college professor in this pic. locs are like any hairstlye, as long as its well groomed it looks good.
61975ddc6f457d0018cd4fe5

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
I mean... I agree with him. If my doctor comes in looking like a rasta.... :mjpls:
I respect the honesty, most black folks think like this. I remember getting told as a youth that since I had locks I would end up in jail by my aunt. The funny thing is her son ended up in jail for 3 years for robbing someone.

Now here I am with my locks hanging down my back, nice career earning a lil over 100k a year with no jail record or history of even being arrested with an associate and bachelors degree… While her son still out here fukked up battling his demons from the shyt he’s done in the past.

One thing I love about life… it’ll humble you real quick.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC

This person has the best take. What's the point of appearing respectable when your actions and conduct are anything but?

Black folks need to stop being so damn obsessed with LOOKING like a successful/professional individual and focus on actually BEING one.