Protein shake pre or post workout?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always hear varying opinions..what do you cats do..Is there much of a difference?

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
I'll usually have my protein shake within 20-40 minutes after my workout. I've read it's supposed to help with muscle recovery and growth.
I have nothing against having it before; but I'd prefer a meal replacement instead if I'm gonna go that route.

tybo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can take in protein or amino acids pre- and post-workout, but if I absolutely had to pick one time, I'd say pre-workout. Sacrilege, you say! If you're more upset than a cat kicked off a ledge, give me time to explain before you claw my face off.

Post-workout shakes have long been considered the most important pieces of the workout nutrition puzzle. Recent research suggests, however, that ingesting protein and amino acids prior to training may be even more beneficial.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-pre-post-workout-shakes.html

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Simple answer is whatever works best for you to hit protein or caloric goals. There could be advantages to either method but being on point overall nutrition and then training is the biggest key.

Last edited:

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
It doesn't matter which you do, but personally I get too hungry mid workout if I take a shake preworkout instead of eating

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Post workout breh..cause i get hungry as fukking after hour and half of working out.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
I take a recovery after working out now. Which they say is better than a post workout shake because it gets the nutrients into your system more rapidly than a shake. It also must be taken in that 1 hour window after the gym when your body is really asking for it. I used to take Dark Matter which was the best but they they changed the formula and it also has basically no protein in it now. Now I use Myozene which is pretty good. Sometimes I'll still take half a shake before the gym, cause I'm on Up Your Mass during the offseason, so I like to burn some of that extra shyt off at the gym.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I always hear varying opinions..what do you cats do..Is there much of a difference?

You can do both to be honest, I would have one scoop 2 hours before a workout and 1 scoop and a half post. Pre protein helps you workout better. My opinion though I would just sip on some BCAA during the workout to help. It does the same thing but faster depending on what you use to mix it with and it's not as heavy as whey protein

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I take both. :manny: am i doing it wrong?

Im at the gym 30 mins after i wake up in the morning though to be fair

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
lol

Take it when you want, meal/nutrient timing is irrelevant. I do take Aminos during my workout, but I do IF, and enjoy sipping something juice like during workouts.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
I get my aminos preworkout

Proteins post

Workouts be dat fie :youngsabo: