Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Thats what im saying, if you didn’t like this fight, make good choices :youngsabo:
not sure what u mean...

but this game is a boss rush. just beat the boss after the unknown naytiba. That was a great fight. no bullshyt gimmicks, just two characters battling it out. very satisfying

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
not sure what u mean...

Druski idk

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Finished the game

Thoughts:
-Story was fine. Not bad, but not very engaging
-The combat is the main selling point. It's very challenging and very rewarding
-Great graphics. One of the best looking games you'll play
-The voice acting is very meh. The voice direction is slightly better than KH3 (KH3 has pretty bad voice direction)
-Challenging bosses, especially at the end of the game
-Eve kicks ass. Another cool female character for a PS5 exclusive (Rivet, Aloy, Ellie, Abbie, Jill, Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Freya, etc.)
-Flashiest game I've played this year
-34 Hrs to beat. Did a good amount of side quests

Nitpicks/things i didnt like
-the platforming in this game is poor. There were times i had to scale back up to get out of a cave and it was a chore to do. Also, Eve will slightly move forward bc of he natural stance when you're not moving the thumbstick and it can make u fall off a ledge
-The parry mechanic seems kinda inconsistent to me. It's not forgiving if u fukk it up. There's a skill u can get that makes it easier to land parries/dodges but i dont see the difference sometimes.
-You absolutely must parry to defeat enemies. The game is kinda restrictive in that sense. Parrying and dodging are the real ways to generate burst energy and beta energy for special attacks, so the game makes you do that if you wanna beat anyone. Even regular enemies will be a chore to beat without parrying/dodging. Like I said, the game's combat is challenging, but rewarding. I just wish it wasn't' so restrictive
-Why do you need to unlock a double jump. that's something that should be available from jump (don't even ask me how :wow:)
-forgettable voice acting/poor voice direction
-Hard to tell when a boss is done attacking. Inconsistency on when you can interrupt their strings with a "hold triangle" or "hold square" attack
-The outfits don't do much for me. I ended up sticking with the default green one and the outfit with the coat (the outfit Eve has on when you boot the game up).
-Why can't you spend skill points whenever? why do you need to go to camp?
-The missions where you have to turn the power on for the desert/wasteland are a chore.
-The game unlocks the great desert missions before u can even go there
-Not being able to pause by pressing the options button is dumb. I wish games would stop doing this.

Overall, it's a good game. I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys action games. Very solid 8/10

Now onto Rise of the Ronin

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:jbhmm: Finished the game

Thoughts:
-Story was fine. Not bad, but not very engaging
-The combat is the main selling point. It's very challenging and very rewarding
-Great graphics. One of the best looking games you'll play
-The voice acting is very meh. The voice direction is slightly better than KH3 (KH3 has pretty bad voice direction)
-Challenging bosses, especially at the end of the game
-Eve kicks ass. Another cool female character for a PS5 exclusive (Rivet, Aloy, Ellie, Abbie, Jill, Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie, Freya, etc.)
-Flashiest game I've played this year
-34 Hrs to beat. Did a good amount of side quests

Nitpicks/things i didnt like
-the platforming in this game is poor. There were times i had to scale back up to get out of a cave and it was a chore to do. Also, Eve will slightly move forward bc of he natural stance when you're not moving the thumbstick and it can make u fall off a ledge
-The parry mechanic seems kinda inconsistent to me. It's not forgiving if u fukk it up. There's a skill u can get that makes it easier to land parries/dodges but i dont see the difference sometimes.
-You absolutely must parry to defeat enemies. The game is kinda restrictive in that sense. Parrying and dodging are the real ways to generate burst energy and beta energy for special attacks, so the game makes you do that if you wanna beat anyone. Even regular enemies will be a chore to beat without parrying/dodging. Like I said, the game's combat is challenging, but rewarding. I just wish it wasn't' so restrictive
-Why do you need to unlock a double jump. that's something that should be available from jump (don't even ask me how :wow:)
-forgettable voice acting/poor voice direction
-Hard to tell when a boss is done attacking. Inconsistency on when you can interrupt their strings with a "hold triangle" or "hold square" attack
-The outfits don't do much for me. I ended up sticking with the default green one and the outfit with the coat (the outfit Eve has on when you boot the game up).
-Why can't you spend skill points whenever? why do you need to go to camp?
-The missions where you have to turn the power on for the desert/wasteland are a chore.
-The game unlocks the great desert missions before u can even go there

Overall, it's a good game. I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys action games. Very solid 8/10

Now onto Rise of the Ronin

But will we get an Eve Astro Bot?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
For those, like me, who did not read all the descriptions of each piece of equipment (most of the lore is hidden in there):

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

🔶New SUMMER update details!

🔸A small area for a summer vacation has been added for a limited time at the Great Desert Oasis. Gift EVE a tiny break.
🔸Summer time-limited BGM at the Great Desert Oasis. You can still listen to the previous Oasis soundtracks at the base camp.
🔸Newly added object interaction with the sunbed.
🔸Two new outfits and one new accesary have been added and can be obtained from Clyde's shop at the Oasis.
🔸Fixed the issue of the hair color change not applying in the Boss Challenge preset.
🔸Various other bug fixes.

Weird there’s no photomode still, didn’t think it was that hard to implement

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I just realized i made the choice for the wrong ending :snoop: :mjlol:

I'm not replaying for that tho. I can just look up the right ending on youtube

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I changed my mind at last second in choosing the right ending too. :francis:
apparently u also have to get lily's bar to 100%

I was looking at random things during the game and that bar would grow, and i was thinking "wtf is that bar for?" Turns out it needs to be at max as well. It's a cool game, but i'm not gonna go back to it for that.