Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Oztradamus

Hold G's, Guns, and Grams...
Daps
Reppin
Chi-City
I was in complete and utter shock yesterday, when I heard the news. It finally hit me this morning, and broke down today while listening to "Veteran's Memorial 1 & 2"

I grew up listening to the Mobb since 8th grade in 95. They're part of the soundtrack to my life, and helped me get through some rough depressing times.

Prodigy will live forever through his kids, grandchildren, the memories, and his music.

I'm glad I got to see the Mobb in 2004, and recently in 2014, and got to shake his hand, and tell him how big of a fan I am.

R.I.P Dunn

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:ohhh:
What's this about breh?

even that InfoWars nutjob gave prodigy a shoutout.. i gueses Prodigy was interviewed by Alex Jones years ago

I've posted the interview before. He told Alex, in the 1st 90 seconds of interview, he was a big fan of his show, and teachings from the 5% he learned as a kid coincided with the information A. Jones talked about.

His last album title Hegelian Dialectic is straight out of a typical A. Jones show...

That 2011 and 2017 interviews are here...
Rapper & Infowarrior Prodigy of Mobb Deep Pronounced Dead at 42

That's right your favorite rapper, Prisonplanet P, was an A. Jones fan . :sas1:

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
People really be acting like his 2nd verse on "Hell on Earth" isnt one of the GREATEST verses of all time!!
He ROCKED that shyt!!

"The heavy metal king hold big shyt with spare clips!"

Whole verse used to give me chills!

"Layin dead with open eyes close his eyelids, turn off his lights switch to darkness!"
I've listened to that verse at a minimum once a week for over 20 years bro.

He....went.....ham!

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Been wanting to bang out this list real quick

All the posse cuts with big names he has been on (as far as I can remember), posting for those who maybe forgotten, obviously I narrowed it down to non qp posse cuts, with 4 or more MC's

Bulworth - KRS, Prodigy, Kam, Method Man -

5 Boros - Camron, Prodigy, KRS, Buckshot, Vigalante, Killah Priest (more)

I Shot ya - Keith Murray, Prodigy, Fat Joe, Foxy Brown, LL cool J -

The Game - Raekwon, Prodigy, Ghostface, Pete Rock -

Bickin Back Being Bool

The Devil My Opp
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto, Kanada
a couple of things

so glad i saw them last year for the first time, lord know how i'd feel now if i missed it

this one hurts more than phife, and i love phife

i bought the infamous 3 times in my lifetime

prodigy got the best book in hip hop, it's a fact, no debate

i'm still in shock

10:31

Superstar
Daps
I've posted the interview before. He told Alex, in the 1st 90 seconds of interview, he was a big fan of his show, and teachings from the 5% he learned as a kid coincided with the information A. Jones talked about.

His last album title Hegelian Dialectic is straight out of a typical A. Jones show...

That 2011 interview is here...
Rapper & Infowarrior Prodigy of Mobb Deep Pronounced Dead at 42

That's right your favorite rapper, Prisonplanet P, was an A. Jones fan . :sas1:

P was always rapping outside of the box and referencing the occult and hidden knowledge in his rhymes

T.H.E. Goat

On the road to riches
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where The Grass Is Blue
Yup...

Been saying this a lot around here lately.

We need start treating our legacy acts with more class. We need to acknowledge their current work and treat their past work with more integrity (good/bad).. if we don't we already know the outside world won't

Word to @SunZoo
Yeah man, forgot all that "flabby and sick" talk it's time to appreciate the legends that we have in hip hop no matter if they're still active or not

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Yeah man, forgot all that "flabby and sick" talk it's time to appreciate the legends that we have in hip hop no matter if they're still putting out music or not

Yup!

If we don't appreciate them nobody will. Especially the other genres who really don't have this issue. I understand why it's an issue but it's rooted in ignorance and it needs to stop.

You've got active greats still doing for the love and instead of being embraced they're laughed at and ridiculed