Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Pac, NaS and Hov all went at Prodigy at one point because they understood his power as an emcee. It's been 24 hours, this is insane to grow up with someone and they leave this early. We've all known he's been fighting sickle cell for his entire life. I never jumped on the Hate he was getting during "Infamy" which wasn't a bad album at all, it just wasn't as strong as the last 3 but it had much fire on it. Anyways, I knew he was dealing with health complications during that time.

It seem it would get better and then sometimes it would get worst. This is why "Never can feel my pain" is probably his most important and personal record because he details his struggles with the disease. Sickle Cell runs through the black community as we all know T-Boz from TLC has it as well. It's sad to me if it turns out it was the disease because he's been fighting for so long. His verses sound so sharp, P will definitely be remembered as one of the best period. Everyone needs to check out "The Safe is Cracked" and "Infamous Archives" as those had a lot of unreleased Mobb Gems on them.:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
full

This need to be official for the culture
Yes!!

fukk waking up today made this feel worse. I had nightmares last night too, no joke. I can't remember what they were about but with this on my mind I'm sure It played a part.

Daps
My brother called me yesterday but I missed the call. Didnt even know about this until this morning. Really fukked my day up. I have sickle cell trait, so I always felt for the dun.

Not much more can be said that hasnt already. P provided alot of the soundtrack for my high school years and beyond. Top 5 lyricist of the 90s, probably the most sampled MC ever too. He will def be missed.

RIP.

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
shyt, I feel like a damn dinosaur. These 20 somethings and teenagers been raised off of estrogen, lack of discipline, fruity drugs, artificial food, no knowledge. God forbid if X died soon, and this rap shyt will truly be over. Even Nas and Hov can't bring it back.
I hear you man but I'm 22 and can say I grew up off the mobb, everyone knew shook ones and shyt maybe a few other songs but by the time 06 hit and they dropped blood money I was the biggest fan

bigesco

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
This fukking hurt brehs. I felt exactly like I did when I lost my Kin 12 years ago. First night I was just shocked and didnt know how to feel, slept it off and woke up the next day and balled my eyes out the whole day. This feels similar to me. When I heard yesterday I was shocked but kinda expected it with his sickle cell, but today, fukking today man I just realized I aint never gon hear a new verse from PEE :mjcry: I grew up on Mobb they were with me wherever I went school, bus stop, house parties, tryin to sleep at night, walking in the middle of winter around town in the early mornings, fukk me man Im done:mjcry: