Prime Ice Cube (88 - 92) Is The Greatest Rap Artist Ever.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
you not doin’ shyt behind that screen or 10 toes in front of me.

Stop throwin’ around you Nigerian just cause buddy disrespected you. That don’t got shyt to do with anything and you a bad look for the country :mjlol:

Okay bud you got it
People like you can only learn the hard way
Keep sticking yo nose in shyt
For muhfukas that wouldn't buy you lunch

Kool Kitty Kat

Caught Up
Daps
True. It's sad how much hate "Lethal Injection" receives. Of course it's different than his older albums, but it is a classic and so is "Bow Down" too.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He started Cinematic Albums

Menace movie dropped in 93 and the famous jacking thru the drive thru scene....Cube rapped that in 1990

Only nikka close to him at that time was maybe Qtip

And honestly from 89-94 evening during Snoop run

Kool Kitty Kat

Caught Up
Daps
He’s up there and in the convo but last I checked Rakim was alive and rapping during that same timeframe.

So you think "Follow The Leader", "Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em" and "Don't Sweat The Technique" are better than "Straight Outta Compton", "AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted", "Kill At Will", "Death Certificate" and "The Predator"?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He’s up there and in the convo but last I checked Rakim was alive and rapping during that same timeframe.

True, but the classics Cube was one and dropped at that time edge out Rakim for me.

and Death Certificate is a fukkin masterpiece. Ra doesn't have a solo album better than DC. Don't think anyone does IMO.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
1000%

NWA changed everything about hiphop and Cube was the driver

In reality Ice Cube > Rakim, LL, Kane, and maybe even KRS

Cube was definitely the driver. Because after he left, their music was all about the production. They got cartoony.

KRS is in my Top 2 favorites of all-time. He had a 9 year run of being top-tier. So Him and Cube have always been in my Top 5. Rakim, LL and Kane are also in my Top 10, but their runs weren't like Cube's, like you said. I've always said, Rakim and Kane had mad short runs for their skill level. Especially Kane.