Predator is the perfect action film

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Instant watch for me. I knew I was sick as shyt the other night when I put it on HBO Max and fell asleep. Woke up in the middle of the night because the theme song starting playing in my head. Then it got me to wondering, is it an action movie or horror movie? :jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Instant watch for me. I knew I was sick as shyt the other night when I put it on HBO Max and fell asleep. Woke up in the middle of the night because the theme song starting playing in my head. Then it got me to wondering, is it an action movie or horror movie? :jbhmm:
It’s both for me. I know the two cats who created it thought of it as a horror movie first. Then added action elements. And john mctiernan, according to the commentary, thought if it was a satire of 80s action movies. That’s why there’s that scene with the guns firing into the trees and hitting nothing. He wanted to lampoon all the shyt of the decade. The irony is he made a great action flick that not many know is making fun of action movies.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
DILLON! :demonic:

YOU SON A OF A bytch :myman:
predator-schwarzenegger.gif

> Most entire movies

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
I realize that the black characters are the first to "notice" the Predators tho. In every movie..

"Predators" is fire to me.. ranks up there with the first one.
Predator 2 however doesn't get enough heat for being a WOAT sequel. Idk why the fukk they thought urban environment predator made sense

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Predator 2 however doesn't get enough heat for being a WOAT sequel. Idk why the fukk they thought urban environment predator made sense

I get that.. as far as it being in a "City" and not like some wasteland type environment..

But if I recall. The "Era" it was set in was on some "Mad Max" ish.. or am I bugging... I might be confusing that shyt with RoboCop :mjlol:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
My favorite action movie switches constantly between this and die hard, usually which ever im watching at the time is my favorite
Based on this thread im literally watching now (amazon prime) and man i cannot imagine how fukkin mindblowing the turn of the movie was when you first saw the predators hand thru heatvision, and when it reveals itself, for the first time in the theaters.

Predator
Terminator 2
First blood
Die hard

Is mount rushmore of action flicks

starting 5 and 6th man would be kill bill (i’m including 1 and 2 as a singular story) and The Matrix

(I am counting raders of the lost ark and the starwars series as adventure, btw)

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Man i just got a new favorite scene of this movie

when its one on one, and predator finally gets to Dutch, and pins him up, predator examines him thru the heatvision and is like “...why is this dude getting the best of me...:dahell: he’s just another human...:hhh:....but fukk it, i respect this guy :ehh:lets shoot the fair one :birdman:

that shyt, to “DO IT...KILL ME, I’M HERE, DO IT NOW! :damn: ” just a goat head to head climax of a film