Predator 30th Anniversary Appreciation Thread

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Not a remake. A sequel.

Also just for trivia sake and those who don't know, jean Claude was initially cast as the predator
the original suit he was supposed to wear :mjlol:
redsuit-2.jpg

EDIT: already beat to it

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant count how many times I've watched this. Arnold was on some type of run, but the supporting characters in this film are top notch as you said. I think thats one of the reasons the Predator not showing up immediately doesn't hurt the film, because they guys were playing off each other so well and you got to know them and their personalities.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
cant count how many times I've watched this. Arnold was on some type of run, but the supporting characters in this film are top notch as you said. I think thats one of the reasons the Predator not showing up immediately doesn't hurt the film, because they guys were playing off each other so well and you got to know them and their personalities.

Yup. It plays like a different movie for the first 45 min

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Arnold's 80's run was some GOAT status stuff:

Conan 1&2 (I always looked at Red Sonja as Conan III, lol)------Terminator-------Commando------Predator------Running Man-------Red Heat.

But "Predator" is Legendary, it's crazy he never came back to the franchise. To me there were always ways to write the character in but they kept taking it to many different places. Dutch should of been like Ripley in Alien franchise and the main person they go to, to fight the Predator. Well see what Shane Black does with it next. Can't believe it's been 30 years, definitely gotta watch it again. Sci-Fi Action at it's finest. The suspense with him in the jungle was crazy with all the technology the Predator had. Always loved the poster too:

3b68f82ed990aebf3dbb2b91a3f02f12.jpg

tumblr_nefdbxRHki1rp0vkjo1_500.gif