Power Book V: Influence will not be moving forward

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I was just about to make a thread about this.

I'm guessing the writing was weak for this show. Kinda hard to write an interesting
drama tv show about a political candidate especially a black one, They would've had to cramp in HELLA sex scenes
to get people to watch that.

This show would've been nothing more than Power (The original) Part 2. Ghost and Rashard Tate
were two sides of the same coin, two street dude that (Tried) went legit with their lives.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
didn't even know bout this...

assuming it's bout the political dude tate. and his bro?

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I was just about to make a thread about this.

I'm guessing the writing was weak for this show. Kinda hard to write an interesting
drama tv show about a political candidate especially a black one, They would've had to cramp in HELLA sex scenes
to get people to watch that.

This show would've been nothing more than Power (The original) Part 2. Ghost and Rashard Tate
were two sides of the same coin, two street dude that (Tried) went legit with their lives.
Tate is already so involved in Ghost they might as well salvage the interesting parts of his storyline from Influence and place it there

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I remember during the original Power run, you had a few people saying Rashard Tate's storyline was the most interesting storyline on the show.
He did at the beginning until the writers started fukking with the storylines because certain characters was too popular to die. I'd say they should have let anika noni rose live and made a spin off about her. She was the most interesting to me.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
He did at the beginning until the writers started fukking with the storylines because certain characters was too popular to die. I'd say they should have let anika noni rose live and made a spin off about her. She was the most interesting to me.

We get Jukebox's storyline (Origin) on Raising Kanan.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anika was also starring in the short-lived tv series ‘The Quad’ on BET around the same time.

As far as Tate goes, I think people were initially interested in a Tate spin-off because Larenz is a good actor. And most of us who were familiar with his earlier works, felt he was underrated and underutilized (he pretty much vanished for the 2000s, he would pop up occasionally in something here and there). But now some have Power fatigue to a degree, and they might as well continue to build off Book 2 at this point :manny: .

Last edited: