*posts up for dan lebatard radio show*

lotteryplaya

Winning a big lottery jackpot is my dream.
Daps
Dan is definitely going to talk about Kaepernick,Castro,his parents and Cuba on Monday. They are debating with him on twitter already since Dan knows the reporter from the Miami Herald.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Should be an interesting show. Castro was a polarizing figure. Condemned the act of racism publicly while also turning a blind eye to it in his country at times privately. Hated by many in his country, appreciated by many outside of his home country.

I'm sure Dan will bring his personal perspective via his parents, who probably hated Fidel and his policies. Doubt he'll talk about how White Cubans that migrated to Miami could give a shyt about their darker skinned countrymen and their treatment and how that factors into how they view Blacks (American born and non) in America. Won't speak about the racism that was prevalent before Castro took power, and how many White Cubans hated that they had to share their wealth with poor Afro-Cubans. Again, should be an interesting dynamic with the manner in which he talks about how White Americans view racism against Black Americans. Maybe someone can clarify for me, but he's never actually discussed that segment of racism in this country or Cuba.

Hell, I thought Colin handled the explanation for his shirt well. I do believe he wore the shirt to provide a different perspective; although, no way he couldn't have known that would have be received negatively in that city. Can't get mad at the reporter for pressing on about the shirt.

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
Has Dan talked about Castro yet?

just got done. Said hes not mad at Kaep, but Kaep is no different from others in their critique of Castro. Talked about leaders of countries praising Castro. Said people are calling kaep names about castro to shield the REAL reason why their mad at him, and he wont do that.

Dan said he did not celebrate because the communist regime is still in charge in Cuba.

Said hes happy at least his parents who sacrificed so much got to outlive Castro.

Said US got it all wrong doing business with them.

might say more

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just got done. Said hes not mad at Kaep, but Kaep is no different from others in their critique of Castro. Talked about leaders of countries praising Castro.

Dan said he did not celebrate because the communist regime is still in charge in Cuba.

Said hes happy at least his parents who sacrificed so much got to outlive Castro.

might say more

Thanks.

The Obama criticism is the silliest IMO. The embargo was irrational, had zero impact on Castro, and hurt Cubans the most. I havent heard a coherent critique for why overturning this was wrong other than personal anecdotes. Theres millions of diasporas in the States, with grievances with their governments and they dont dictate U.S. foreign policy like the Cubans did (do with Trump).

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
just got done. Said hes not mad at Kaep, but Kaep is no different from others in their critique of Castro. Talked about leaders of countries praising Castro. Said people are calling kaep names about castro to shield the REAL reason why their mad at him, and he wont do that.

might say more