Post your top 10 NBA SGs starting from the 80's to today

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Kobe isn't just a volume shooter. He's very much a scorer but Kobe is an underrated passer and defender. Kobe's overall durability is his biggest stength over Wade but he's a better and more versatile scorer. Wade is a better playmaker.
Ive never questioned Kobe's play on defense, ever. Only the last 2 years have i seen him slip away on D. He was always a top tier defender. Wade is a lockdown defender when he wants to. Thus why i can give Kobe the edge because Kobe doesnt need motivation to do what he has to.

As for volume shooter, im sorry but Kobe sometimes takes the dumbest shots ive seen. He's not a smart play-maker at all. He takes too many shots that he has no business taking. He makes them a lot of times but still/

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I like your list but Marbury was a PG and i never cared for John Starks. I think he was just a good player playing in NY which adds to the spotlight. Allan Houston was far far far better

I've never seen T-Mac as a 3. Dude was just too skinny. He had the height but would easily get worn down if he came across any physical 3's that would post him up like Mashburn or a few others.

Starks was an elite defender, his heart levels is a big reason the Knicks were as good as they were in the 90s he doesnt get enough credit.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive never questioned Kobe's play on defense, ever. Only the last 2 years have i seen him slip away on D. He was always a top tier defender. Wade is a lockdown defender when he wants to. Thus why i can give Kobe the edge because Kobe doesnt need motivation to do what he has to.

As for volume shooter, im sorry but Kobe sometimes takes the dumbest shots ive seen. He's not a smart play-maker at all. He takes too many shots that he has no business taking. He makes them a lot of times but still/

Kobe is a talented playmaker, not always smart. Kobe takes dumb shots but it has the benefit of keeping defenders glued to him. Kobe has shown that he's an extremely gifted passer but he's played on numerous teams where he's almost always the best offensive option.

He takes stupid shots but Kobe is still more than just a volume shooter. He's a talented passer and a good rebounder too.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're talking 80's as well:

Jordan
Kobe
Drexler
Miller
Wade
Iverson
Dumars
Allen
McGrady
Carter

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who would rather build over a Prime Reggie Miller over Dwayne Wade is a goddamn moron.

Wade is better at EVERY ASPECT of basketball except 3 point shooting and I mean EVERY SINGLE ASPECT.

Passing, playmaking, ball handling, help defense, on-ball defense, scoring, ball-handling, versatility, etc.

And Reggie is clutch but our people acting like Wade isn't a big time player in the clutch too?