Post Malone Says Early-Career Criticism Caused Him To ‘Drink A Lot’

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Post Malone now primarily releases pop and country music, but accusations of being a “culture vulture” from his time in the Hip Hop space still sit with him.

In a new interview with CBS Sunday Morning aired on Sunday (August 11), Posty admitted how much the label hurt him early in his career and how it led him down a self-destructive path.

“It sucked. I was a kid,” he said. “[I dealt with it by] drink[ing] a lot. I absolutely [took it personal.] It’s hard not to.”

“But,” he concluded, “[you don’t make music] for the people who hate you. It’s for the people who love you, and for yourself.”

Last year, Post Malone had to speak out and deny he’s taking drugs following concerns over his recent weight loss.

After his show in Antwerp, Belgium last April, the “White Iverson” singer took to Instagram to clear up concerns relating to his body and stage presence.

“4/28/2023, Antwerp Belgium! hello everybody, i hope you’re having a great night,” he began. “i wanted to say that i’m not doing drugs, i’ve had a lot of people ask me about my weight loss and i’d suppose, performance on stage.

“i’m having a lot of fun performing, and have never felt healthier. i guess dad life kicked in and i decided to kick soda, and start eating better so i can be around for a long time for this little angel.”

In addition to quitting soda and eating healthier, Post Malone is also planning to quit beer and cigarettes at some point. He also revealed he’s been working on new music recently.

“next up is smokes and brews, but i like to consider myself a patient man… lol!” he wrote. “i’ve spent a bit in the studio lately working on new music, and am so excited to share it with you, thank you for your patience and support y’all. you make my heart beat.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It can be upsetting when people discover who you really are immediately:mjlol:

He did exactly what people said he would. So what he was being criticized for wasnt "hate". He can pretend like he only crossed over because of the criticism but thats a lie. He might have stayed longer,but thats about it. Good job to all the haters,you nailed that one:salute:

Sire366

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Phila
I agree with what everyone says about him here and he is the poster boy for culture appropriation.

“When you are young” you are short sighted.. we all have regrets, I don’t think because he was young that he was calculated… But, he could have done so much more, in todays age, to acknowledge and pay it forward what put him on. He should own up to it and take responsibility today, not give a sob story. Sob story doesn’t right the wrong

But truthfully, and everyone here knows this, he’s not bright. Asking for the right intellectual capacity from someone who is incapable of that articulation.. feels like a shoulder shrug, and just another white boy enhancing the stereotype

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I actually hate Post Malone and I pray for his downfall, come into the game wearing cornrows, making songs like White Iverson, all in Hip Hop circles then one day decide to shyt on the genre and leave it completely, fukk that cac.

I don’t even care that he went to do country, hell Jelly Roll and MGK left and went and did other genres but they didn’t shyt on Hip Hop and they don’t forget where they came from. It’s the way he turns his nose up at hip hop as if he’s not a drugged out vulture that’s one relapse from leaving earth.

fukk him.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
So getting called out for being trash and a culture vulture drove dude to drink.

He should've been driven off a cliff somewhere. Nobody wants to hear about this bum.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya man said yeah, I’m a stop drinking this Coca Cola…but the alcohol and cigarettes? I can hold off on those..