Post Anime cliches you're tired of seeing

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
The first few villains become good after they're defeated and join the crew:russell:

"This training is extremely tough and usually takes years but you're gonna do it in 2 weeks because the plot demands you get a power up" :mjgrin:

An old villain comes back and becomes an ally because of a powerful new enemy :stopitslime:

Add more

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I might be in the minority but I actually like the villain becomes an ally trope. :hubie:

90% of the time villains are more interesting and complex and it allows the writer/mangaka/whatever to further develop the character.

And the end result could be classic anti heros like Vegeta or Hiei

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
On topic though I can't stand the childhood friend who wants the protags dikk trope, the clumsy big tit bytch who falls on top of the protag schtick, and most of all magic high school harem trope. Thank god those are starting to die.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Being half dead then randomly getting all their energy back and a strength boost because of willpower.

When two close characters reunite after being separated for a long time and then one of them gets killed :pacspit:

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
not EVERYTHING needs to be seen in ludicrous speed...

11.gif

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
weak main character
Weak main characters are scarce, and if they are weak they get an asspull power up. The only anime so far that did this trope to perfection is World trigger the main character(Mikumo Osamu) is weak so he has to settle with making good strategies and using his environment to get the upper hand of stronger characters, however there are stronger characters than him that can adjust, adapt and implement a strategy on the fly.