Post A Picture Of Someone From Your Youth The Younger Generation Would Have No Clue Was A Big Deal…

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
images

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Also a lot of you zoomers don't know, but many gen X and Millennials knew about shows from the 50s and 60s cause all the way to the late 90s and early 2000s a lot of them old 50s and 60s shows were shown in syndication.

So you could be a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s and know all the characters on a 50s show like honey mooners or I love Lucy cause it was shown in syndication. Or know shows from the 60s and even early 70s. Syndication TV was huge back then before all these cable shows just started to show movies and reality tv shows to fill in time slots.
I used to catch mostly shyt from the 70s, the oldest stuff I saw was probably looney toons, Tom and Jerry, three stooges, and whatever them black and white shows was called
One with this white family and the Andy Griffith show, I love Lucy, dikk van dyke, I guess twilight zone also counts as old shyt

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Also a lot of you zoomers don't know, but many gen X and Millennials knew about shows from the 50s and 60s cause all the way to the late 90s and early 2000s a lot of them old 50s and 60s shows were shown in syndication.

So you could be a kid growing up in the 80s and 90s and know all the characters on a 50s show like honey mooners or I love Lucy cause it was shown in syndication. Or know shows from the 60s and even early 70s. Syndication TV was huge back then before all these cable shows just started to show movies and reality tv shows to fill in time slots.
Right. I was just thinking about this.

This generation of kids have probably never watched reruns.

They can just watch a constant stream of new material.

I've gotten to the point where I don't watch reruns anymore either
Gunsmoke, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, Lil Rascals, Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis....

Do they even play reruns anymore?

I tried to ask folks, but no one I know still watches regular TV.
Not on any regular TV channels.

When I was growing up Fox and other networks played reruns, especially during the day, but now, it's all judge shows, talk shows, and like Rachel Ray.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo, are those NO FRILLS products or the free USDA stuff they would give away with free cheese?

They did both. When I was a little kid the government truck would come to poor areas and give away generic stuff and government cheese. I can remember being like 4 or 5 at my grandmothers house and the truck would pull up and everyone would run outside to get the generic food.

Then they also sold the generic stuff on the certain aisle at the grocery store.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Gunsmoke, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, Lil Rascals, Perry Mason, Leave it to Beaver, Dennis....

Do they even play reruns anymore?

I tried to ask folks, but no one I know still watches regular TV.
Debrid/usenet Gang Zero losses . Right now im on a terrible tv Binge BMF, flash season 5 and new york undercover season 4. Gon cue up Martin season 5 to make the cypher complete. :banderas: there is even apps that let you load several shows in your Library and play them like a tv station.

Next week is supernatural pawgs season
Charmed and The Ghost whisperer :banderas: