Positive ways you have uplifted the black community

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
That's how all the best stories start off breh lol , on a serious tip it seem like those who start off on the wrong path usually go harder than those who always been on the right path when they switch over that hustla trait I guess
Yeah. I worked at a bowling alley and he wanted a corner lane. Some people want them for privacy but most of them wanted corner lanes so they could sneak in outside alcohol which is against policy. I seen the Remy bottle in his coat and told him no and called him out on it. Told him he had to take the bottle outside. He threatened to 'put me in the hospital' if I didn't give him the lane. Security wanted me to kick him out but I was the manager and told them nah. Gave him a different lane and told him to bowl there. Went down to his lane, pulled up a chair and had a 1 on 1 talk about him. Talk was good, that led to him coming to the bowling alley more often, sometimes just to talk about his progress and not even to bowl.

You right about how people who go harder. The people who started off on the wrong path and want to change go harder cause they want it more. People on the right path kinda already had it so there's no real inspiration.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. I worked at a bowling alley and he wanted a corner lane. Some people want them for privacy but most of them wanted corner lanes so they could sneak in outside alcohol which is against policy. I seen the Remy bottle in his coat and told him no and called him out on it. Told him he had to take the bottle outside. He threatened to 'put me in the hospital' if I didn't give him the lane. Security wanted me to kick him out but I was the manager and told them nah. Gave him a different lane and told him to bowl there. Went down to his lane, pulled up a chair and had a 1 on 1 talk about him. Talk was good, that led to him coming to the bowling alley more often, sometimes just to talk about his progress and not even to bowl.

You right about how people who go harder. The people who started off on the wrong path and want to change go harder cause they want it more. People on the right path kinda already had it so there's no real inspiration.

That's what I believe it really takes just to be involved and show you give a damn, don't always hold ya nose up to the next man/woman maybe try seeing shyt from they perspective instead of just waving them away. . .

Think about had it been another guy in your position and he just said fukk it and escalated the situation instead of having the calmness and demeanor to tell bruh to relax and talk to me man to man, you altered his course showed him a option he probably didn't believe was attainable.

Use your position to uplift to create more men and women that can further uplift as you lifted them and it's a start

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
That's how all the best stories start off breh lol , on a serious tip it seem like those who start off on the wrong path usually go harder than those who always been on the right path when they switch over that hustla trait I guess

I made this thread because i see alot of keyboard activism on this board as opposed to actual solutions, for someone like me who has lived in urban areas my whole life, riddled with crime and death and drugs etc, ive always been one to focus on the positive, i really appreciate the responses here and i was hoping to counter to constant sensationaliztion i read. i also hate reading shyt like "fukk LATINOS ITS ALL ABOUT US" etc when im black from south america, technically im "latino" even if racially i identify as black, after awhile these narratives get tiring, my son is a black mexican am i to simply ignore immigration issues when his mom isnt a citizen? ive spent countless hours helping spanish speaking citizens register to vote, i would rather be on the positive end than the negative and those latins who dont support our causes, thats fine, but there are many who do, one cant just paintbrush everyone.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I made this thread because i see alot of keyboard activism on this board as opposed to actual solutions, for someone like me who has lived in urban areas my whole life, riddled with crime and death and drugs etc, ive always been one to focus on the positive, i really appreciate the responses here and i was hoping to counter to constant sensationaliztion i read. i also hate reading shyt like "fukk LATINOS ITS ALL ABOUT US" etc when im black from south america, technically im "latino" even if racially i identify as black, after awhile these narratives get tiring, my son is a black mexican am i to simply ignore immigration issues when his mom isnt a citizen? ive spent countless hours helping spanish speaking citizens register to vote, i would rather be on the positive end than the negative and those latins who dont support our causes, thats fine, but there are many who do, one cant just paintbrush everyone.

You know how it is on thecoli . . .it's either one extreme or the other, you have to ignore most of it and just realize some of these opinions are just that and do not represent the majority of those actually out here helping or doing real things. You said it yourself most of the cats posting is just keyboard activist so you won't have to worry about any actual deterrence to the positive work you putting out:salute: just keep pushing and helping the few you can reach, but don't overdo it I've seen enough people help to the point were they get physically sick . . do what you can but remember you one person so relax don't be so into the movement that you become the movement,

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
You know how it is on thecoli . . .it's either one extreme or the other, you have to ignore most of it and just realize some of these opinions are just that and do not represent the majority of those actually out here helping or doing real things. You said it yourself most of the cats posting is just keyboard activist so you won't have to worry about any actual deterrence to the positive work you putting out:salute: just keep pushing and helping the few you can reach, but don't overdo it I've seen enough people help to the point were they get physically sick . . do what you can but remember you one person so relax don't be so into the movement that you become the movement,

thank you, the only time i have ever gotten physically ill was during war, so much was happening out there it just took over me after 6 months.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
thank you, the only time i have ever gotten physically ill was during war, so much was happening out there it just took over me after 6 months.

I won't go into too much detail cause the thread about the positive but I had friends in law enforcement who've told similar stories, one told me about dreams he would have of the dude he had an encounter with . . .waking up out ya sleep, random cold sweats had to do the whole psych eval before he could be cleared

Lmao he said the psych dude kept asking goofy questions and shyt lol "how do you feel when you have these dreams" "how do you feel when you wake up out of your sleep afterwards"

also bump other peeps come post as well

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
I put cash in the pockets of black artists.

I've employed and mentored two folks from my neighborhood. One moved to Vegas and is doing well in pursuit of being a chef. The other is a young lady who's incredibly smart and beautiful. She wants to work for NASA.

I was a nanny for two Ethiopian children for years, a girl and boy.

I make new foods fun and not scary for black people. My mission as a cook is to make healthy food fun and accessible to my people.

Cole Cash

Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
i love all your responses, im really proud of all you and your contributions. my dream is to return to rio and produce for artists back home, but for now im just doing what i can for blacks and latinos, those who cant speak english etc,

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Support, Donate, and keep enlightening my nieces and nephew:wow::blessed::obama:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
-Support black business
-Donate to World Vision, specifically Africa
-Mentor young black kids in technology

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
Hooking brothers up with jobs and careers in the government. Teaching folks how to write and format resumes. Volunteering at the rec center down the street from my spot.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Volunteer with kids, volunteer period, donate, protested (just once), support black businesses. I was a member of a group that helped neighborhoods fix issues by being a voice and numbers at town hall meetings it was through my church tho.

Now I'm getting involved in ] my community organizations like civics club, community meetings etc..., I volunteer with a community garden and hopefully help them open a store here. I just got involved in a podcast and my main segment is "community matters" were I give information. We just recorded the first one and I talked about an app that reports problems in the community that have services to fix them that we pay for with our taxes. Just talking about how we don't have to move to white areas to have clean, nice things we have lots of services many don't take advantage of or don't know about at all. I want to turn that into a campaign to get more of the word out and really clean up our area. My next segment will be credit repair I think.

I want to work more with the garden organization, do some healthy eating cooking classes for them.