Positive ways you have uplifted the black community

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
My primary profession outside of security side jobs has been community outreach type stuff as well as group home, clinician work counseling, group home stuff etc. However when i got out of rehab i worked at a warehouse/retail joint in the warehouse division for a few months. I used to get rides to the subway (BART) from whoever was getting off shift at the moment. Anyhow, one day easily one of the prettiest girls on the job a black woman whos name i wont say. Dark skinned, young, around 22 at the time and college bound.

Im very light skin, my dads mom was white, and my moms father was half indigenous native brazillian and black and her mom was light skin black thus leading me to be one of them super light skin steph curry lookin black latinos. Anyhow she was dark skin, like a naomi campbell. She confided in me that she wishes she were"lighter skin" i was devastated.

Devastated because she was easily one of the most hit-on and beautiful yougn ladies in the store, great body etc, but she felt like stupid nikkas around the way and society in general is more accepting of a light skin woman. I told her straight up "i look like this because of hundreds of years of race mixing in my native brazil, be it rape or marraige" I emphasized that her being dark skinned is the envy of all mankind, that she was the original beauty queen in terms of her ancestors and even today, i told her she dont need a tan and in the end, no matter what race someone is, the black woman is the most coveted woman on the planet.

It hurt me to think society would make her feel that way, but i felt it was important to let her know that who she was from a personal standpoint was important, knowledge of self was important etc. Its easy to look down and call her a c00n and this and that but i tried to look at it from a positive angle, instead of tearing down our women i think its important to uplift them. fukk all that twitter/tumblr/facebook/IG shyt, i mean face to face instances where we can help our people who need it, educate those who need it. I was about 10 years older than her at the time but me helping her feel better really made a difference in how she looked at herself, this is something she told me personally.

Can yall share or contribute any positive encounters or instances, i have more ill discuss such as when i worked at a group home and a couple of young brothas literally said "they hate black women" and i had to educate them something serious

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
For my service learning project ( mandatory to graduate), I worked in Harlem hospital teaching children about working on improving your health ( I need to follow my own advice).

I worked at Pomonok library and every year we did a book a thon to raise money for kids. I did a santa Claus Shakespeare video for the library.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I use to speak to kids at a community center about staying off the streets, their temperament and how that temperament will effect their life decisions. That was when I was 'interning' at a community center to help them write business plans.

I also convinced one dude who was kind of known petty criminal in the streets to enroll in community college. He got his associates degree in May. The way we met was kinda interesting because he threatened me the first time we met.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I use to speak to kids at a community center about staying off the streets, their temperament and how that temperament will effect their life decisions. That was when I was 'interning' at a community center to help them write business plans.

I also convinced one dude who was kind of known petty criminal in the streets to enroll in community college. He got his associates degree in May. The way we met was kinda interesting because he threatened me the first time we met.

That's how all the best stories start off breh lol , on a serious tip it seem like those who start off on the wrong path usually go harder than those who always been on the right path when they switch over that hustla trait I guess