Popular Slang Invented by Cacs

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
Italians really hated the Jews, didn’t they?

They made the term ghetto?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm convinced that the Paulie character from Rocky popularized two 80s NYC centric terms. Though I think people put their own spin on what the script intended.

"I don't sweat you"
Pauline said it like I'm not scared of you, streets used to say not thinking about, worried about, or following behind you

"You're busted"
Streets used it say ugly or wack. In the Rocky scene, he said to his sister, to say that she wasn't a virgin (hymen busted)
What a sleaze ball, this fukkin guy?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
Italians really hated the Jews, didn’t they?

They made the term ghetto?
The word ghetto comes from the Jewish area of Venice, the Venetian Ghetto in Cannaregio, traced to a special use of Venetian ghèto, meaning 'foundry', as there was one near the site of that city's ghetto in 1516.[5] By 1899, the term had been extended to crowded urban quarters of other minority groups.

The etymology of the word is uncertain, as there is no agreement among etymologists about the origins of the Venetian language term. According to various theories it comes from:[6]

• the above-mentioned Venetian ghèto ('foundry')
  • the Hebrew get (bill of divorce, deed of separation)
  • the Yiddish gehektes ('enclosed')
  • the Late Latin Giudaicetum (Jewish enclave)
  • the Italian borghetto ('little town, small section of a town'; diminutive of borgo, a word of Germanic origin; see borough)
  • the Old French guect ('guard')
Another possibility is from the Italian Egitto ('Egypt', from Latin: Aegyptus), possibly in memory of the exile of the Israelites in Egypt.