pop music? anyone else try this?

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
So because it doesn't just like Joey Beltram it isn't techno...? Come on now, that isn't how music works.

I guess you can call it electro-pop or something like that if you want. :yeshrug: To me, it just sounded like really commercial techno.

In saying all that, debating which genre is which is pretty fukking pointless (particularly when it comes to 'pop' music), not sure why I brought it up in the first place.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
So because it doesn't just like Joey Beltram it isn't techno...? Come on now, that isn't how music works.

I guess you can call it electro-pop or something like that if you want. :yeshrug: To me, it just sounded like really commercial techno.

In saying all that, debating which genre is which is pretty fukking pointless (particularly when it comes to 'pop' music), not sure why I brought it up in the first place.

because im close to the genre, you have to forgive me. you still my nikka. there is a certain sound attached to techno and this simply doesnt fit. its the difference btween david guetta and jeff mills.

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
...why would you want to make music to appeal to teenage girls though? I mean, the people you are talking about appealing to have awful taste in music, such people are just fukking retarded. I mean if you just want to make money then fair enough... :yeshrug:
the Beatles made music that 16 year old girls love(d). And, you're generalizing way too much to be taken seriously. I suggest going light on the exaggeration and hyperbole while in a debate. Just a suggestion.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
attachment.php

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Club hopper girls aren't retarded. Many of the teeny bopper girls I knew back then are really successful people now.

I don't think their taste in music defines their intelligence. It does, however, define their level of interest in music. Different people have different levels of interest. Music enthusiasts probably don't like Lady Gaga, but Millions of other people do.

I think it's much more challenging to appeal to the mass market than to appeal to a more Open-minded market of enthusiasts. How can you sell your product to someone within 10 seconds, which is probably the maximum amount of time it takes someone in the mass market to make a judgemtn? its very hard, and very few people, obviously, can create music with that appeal. in contrast, it's much easier to appeal to enthusiast group that is more willing to give "different" music a chance or allow new music forms to "grow on them".

:to:

prolific posting :clap:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
...why would you want to make music to appeal to teenage girls though? I mean, the people you are talking about appealing to have awful taste in music, such people are just fukking retarded. I mean if you just want to make money then fair enough... :yeshrug:

Breh I have a big problem with this post and people with similar opinions (reminds me Peter Rosenberg's "real hiphop, starships bullshyt" statement). And that is how can you dictate who deserves to listen to music, what kind of music deserves to be made, and in direct reference to your post what type of music somebody else should make. When I first started I had somebody tell me to stop using fl studio because it's only used to make garbage trap beats, etc and you need to make music like such and such, etc and only ignorant ghetto ppl listen to trap music. Besides the obvious fact that they didn't know wtf they were talking about (fl studio only useful for trap beats :snoop:) I then questioned the person's statement about "ignorant ghetto people listening to trap music" which first of all isn't true but even if "ignorant ghetto people" are the only people to listen to trap music, do they not have the right to listen to it?, and should this music be looked down upon because a particular demographic prefers it.

In response to your post tho, what defines a "good" taste in music. Last I checked music and art for that matter are not objective. A year ago an internationally acclaimed concert violinist by the name of Joshua Bell played on a $2.5 million violin for 43 minutes in the subway station of DC to see what the reaction would be of the passerbys. Nobody not once applauded and neither did a crowd gather. In your opinion do these 100s of people who passed by which possibly included politicians, businessman, lawyers (you know prosperous productive members of society far from "fukking retarded") have an "awful taste" in music as well because they failed to recognize or even acknowledge the music of a music savant?

Basically what I'm trying to say is just because the preferred genre of music by 16 year old girls does not coincide with yours doesn't mean they have an "awful taste in music" and neither are they "retarded" (how one can gauge a person's mental aptitude solely upon the music they listen to is beyond me:manny:)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I've made some pop music. Quite a bit actually. Some of it I finish, some I dont. :manny:

Here's a couple of examples. I've re-recorded teh vocals but I havent upped those new ones, so these are the originals.

1st song is rnb pop, 3rd song is straight Bieber-pop

Last edited by a moderator:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Breh I have a big problem with this post and people with similar opinions (reminds me Peter Rosenberg's "real hiphop, starships bullshyt" statement). And that is how can you dictate who deserves to listen to music, what kind of music deserves to be made, and in direct reference to your post what type of music somebody else should make. When I first started I had somebody tell me to stop using fl studio because it's only used to make garbage trap beats, etc and you need to make music like such and such, etc and only ignorant ghetto ppl listen to trap music. Besides the obvious fact that they didn't know wtf they were talking about (fl studio only useful for trap beats :snoop:) I then questioned the person's statement about "ignorant ghetto people listening to trap music" which first of all isn't true but even if "ignorant ghetto people" are the only people to listen to trap music, do they not have the right to listen to it?, and should this music be looked down upon because a particular demographic prefers it.

In response to your post tho, what defines a "good" taste in music. Last I checked music and art for that matter are not objective. A year ago an internationally acclaimed concert violinist by the name of Joshua Bell played on a $2.5 million violin for 43 minutes in the subway station of DC to see what the reaction would be of the passerbys. Nobody not once applauded and neither did a crowd gather. In your opinion do these 100s of people who passed by which possibly included politicians, businessman, lawyers (you know prosperous productive members of society far from "fukking retarded") have an "awful taste" in music as well because they failed to recognize or even acknowledge the music of a music savant?

Basically what I'm trying to say is just because the preferred genre of music by 16 year old girls does not coincide with yours doesn't mean they have an "awful taste in music" and neither are they "retarded" (how one can gauge a person's mental aptitude solely upon the music they listen to is beyond me:manny:)

i completely agree with all of this, i remember having a revelation about this during the no limit era when my cousin, who has a phd and is now a 36 year old principal of a school in AZ listened to nothing but gangster rap and tru at one point. even today his tastes arent exactly evolved. At that time i was really into alot of dance music and backpacker type hip hop, i realized looking at him that his tastes only meant that that is simply what he liked and nothing more. i agree completely.