pop music? anyone else try this?

Daps
Anyone else try to make pop music? I've been trying to master it lately.

what do you think?

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/user5814492/loveair-6]LoveAir 6 by user5814492 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

Aje

All Madden
Daps
Reppin
Don't Believe the Hype
This is pretty good, fam. This sounds like something straight outta Europe (not a diss). I wouldn't think twice if I heard this on the radio. Good sh*t. What equipment/software do you use?

Daps
This is pretty good, fam. This sounds like something straight outta Europe (not a diss). I wouldn't think twice if I heard this on the radio. Good sh*t. What equipment/software do you use?

fl studio w various pplug ins

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
I try but I don't know if I do it well because I never really let anyone hear those tracks. I do have a House beat I made tho that I've let folks hear and they like it.

Daps
You should check out SBTRKT for a good reference of excellent pop music.

I have never heard of them before, so I checked them out. Ehh.....

I can't really see a 16 year old girl getting into something like that, and that's what I think determines whether pop music is going to be successful or not.

It seems more like sub-pop for hipsters. I would like to appeal to a very mass audience myself. Girls at the clubs, Teenage girls, Frat girls etc...

I appreciate the recommendation.

Juanito

Pro
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lol this shyt sounds like some Jpop x techno shyt. Its cool tho man keep at it. Eventually you'll master it. Pop is where the money is at so do you.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
I have never heard of them before, so I checked them out. Ehh.....

I can't really see a 16 year old girl getting into something like that, and that's what I think determines whether pop music is going to be successful or not.

It seems more like sub-pop for hipsters. I would like to appeal to a very mass audience myself. Girls at the clubs, Teenage girls, Frat girls etc...

I appreciate the recommendation.

...why would you want to make music to appeal to teenage girls though? I mean, the people you are talking about appealing to have awful taste in music, such people are just fukking retarded. I mean if you just want to make money then fair enough... :yeshrug:

Daps
...why would you want to make music to appeal to teenage girls though? I mean, the people you are talking about appealing to have awful taste in music, such people are just fukking retarded. I mean if you just want to make money then fair enough... :yeshrug:

Club hopper girls aren't retarded. Many of the teeny bopper girls I knew back then are really successful people now.

I don't think their taste in music defines their intelligence. It does, however, define their level of interest in music. Different people have different levels of interest. Music enthusiasts probably don't like Lady Gaga, but Millions of other people do.

I think it's much more challenging to appeal to the mass market than to appeal to a more Open-minded market of enthusiasts. How can you sell your product to someone within 10 seconds, which is probably the maximum amount of time it takes someone in the mass market to make a judgemtn? its very hard, and very few people, obviously, can create music with that appeal. in contrast, it's much easier to appeal to enthusiast group that is more willing to give "different" music a chance or allow new music forms to "grow on them".

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Club hopper girls aren't retarded. Many of the teeny bopper girls I knew back then are really successful people now.

I don't think their taste in music defines their intelligence. It does, however, define their level of interest in music. Different people have different levels of interest. Music enthusiasts probably don't like Lady Gaga, but Millions of other people do.

I think it's much more challenging to appeal to the mass market than to appeal to a more Open-minded market of enthusiasts. How can you sell your product to someone within 10 seconds, which is probably the maximum amount of time it takes someone in the mass market to make a judgemtn? its very hard, and very few people, obviously, can create music with that appeal. in contrast, it's much easier to appeal to enthusiast group that is more willing to give "different" music a chance or allow new music forms to "grow on them".

I couldn't have said it better. This is why you can't categorize what kind of music people like based on their backgrounds or ethnicity.

Music is a universal language brehs.:smugdraper:

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
No it definitely was dude. :comeon:

this would be classified as euro dance pop, or just dance pop

this is not the sounds of tresor, detroit or berlin breh.

not to nitpick, but this song doesnt invoke joey beltram, derrick may and richie hawtin if you catch my drift.

you wouldnt call boom bap trap music just because they are both rooted in hip hop

in other words, it doesnt sound like this

Last edited by a moderator: