Please advise: I'm relocating to DALLAS, HTOWN or ATL this year.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I'm in the DC area working in the IT field. I'm from Louisiana and after a several deaths in my family this year, I'm ready to move closer to my love ones. I have family and friends and all 3 areas. With DAL and Htown being closest theyre in my top choices.

I'm hoping to land a job making at least 50k, a big drop and what I make now but I know the cost of living is a lot lower and I don't really have any debt or kids, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I know it's impossible to cover all the bases, but could you guys please advise me on the lifestyle, rent, how much I need to make to live decent, dos and don'ts, women and dating scene and anything you think that could help me decide.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
50k in Houston you'll be fine.

Rent can go from $300-$1000 depending on the area you want to live in.

It's also the energy capital of the world, so finding an IT gig shouldn't be difficult.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Houston is the best move. plus, i'm knocking down $72k in IT, so I can put you on it (depending on what you know, that is...)

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
Houston is the best bet, affordable housing, tons of restaurants, entertainment, bad hos, diversity, everything you need in a city..

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Houston is cool to visit, I wouldn't want to live there myself. Always extra humid and the city just kinda seemed dirty to me.

Dallas isn't all that but I found the Job Market here to be great. if you don't have a job in dallas you just don't want to work. You have a nice mix of females, not very much racism.

skb1065

SuckaFree
Supporter
Daps
I heard Houston sucks though

How are big city Texas folks on... the mixing of the races :guilty:

And how is that god damned heat????

Is everyone really fat like I claimed? I heard Houston was the fattest major city in the US.

breh, its hot as hell here...but not like you are gonna be doing manual labor outside,

everyone is fat cause of all the damn restaurants on every corner, literally everyone :cook: good

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It's hot as hell.

Women are fine as fawk.

It's dirty in some parts (third ward, 45/610, 288/Holly Hall)

Yeah $300 is probably a crackhouse, lol.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Don't move to Dallas.

Houston and ATL prolly have better weather(Dallas has more 100degree dys and ice in the winter), more variety of women, and more job opportunities. Dallas' job market isnt very good right now....of course this all depends on ur field.