PlayStation’s ‘Access Controller’ goes on sale December 6th, $89.99

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I'll honestly say that when PlayStation first announced this project, my expectations were low. I was expecting a price gouge and 5 million accessories (sold separately) to go with a basic base with maybe two to three ways to customize the controller and its buttons on its own, with third-party accessories doing most of the work. Instead, I'm happy to say that the Access Controller exceeded those expectations, from the thoughtfulness of the design of the hardware to the crucial understanding of allowing friends and family to pick up the controller to play with you. You can tell that PlayStation created this controller with a genuine willingness to understand how we as physically disabled people game, and what the most ergonomic way to do that is.

Accessibility isn't a one-size-fits-all solution, and not everything works well for everyone. Still, I believe that if we continue to include disabled people in conversations and really listen and take to heart what they have to say, the future of accessibility can continue to improve. If you have problems with hand dexterity or motor issues, I encourage you to try this controller and see if it works for you. Go forth and conquer with determination, with one hand or two, with friends and family, and everything in between. Tell those virtual lands I am here; hear me roar.