Playstation Studios reflect on their favorite Fromsoftware Bosses

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ahead of Elden Ring, Santa Monica Studio, Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog and more reflect on their most memorable enemy encounters.

8fd7d21e9829f8c20462a65c2fa924132f11cc24.jpg

Old Monk | Demon’s Souls
”If we’re talking about a boss that I’m ‘most proud of’ (to use those specific words), it would probably be the Old Monk from Demon’s Souls. The reason being is there was a lot of pushback against that design and what we were trying to do with it. But it was something I really, really wanted to do. I wanted to get that boss concept into the game, both from a visual design perspective and gameplay perspective, including the multiplayer element. From both the implementation and fun factor, we got a lot of pushback, and no one believed in it at the time. But in the end, we came through, and I think it turned into an intriguing boss that the fans appreciated.
With Demon’s Souls, there were a lot of mechanics throughout the development that were difficult to design. For instance, the asynchronous online features were complicated, but I think the Old Monk encompasses those tribulations and how we pushed through and made something we were proud of.”
– Hidetaka Miyazaki, President and Director, FromSoftware

Great Grey Wolf Sif | Dark Souls
– Tom Clercx, Animator, Nixxes Software

Owl (Father) | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
– Israel Rey, QA Analyst, Bluepoint Games

Guardian Ape | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
– Joe Pettinati, Narrative Lead, Naughty Dog

More here.

:scheme:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
This ain't a good acquisition for y'all :hubie:
Sony needs more teams who can make online games or devs who specialize in porting games to pc :hubie:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, Ornstein and Smough was one of those perfect gaming moments that can’t be replicated.

Master stroke of money.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, Ornstein and Smough was one of those perfect gaming moments that can’t be replicated.

Master stroke of money.

Best multi enemy boss battle for sure

I kinda wanna put Sif on my list too, that fight destroyed me :to:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony probably still losing sleep over not buying them for cheap when they had the chance. Sony president played demons souls and said "no thanks", that clown couldn't recognize greatness when it was in his face.

:wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Sony probably still losing sleep over not buying them for cheap when they had the chance. Sony president played demons souls and said "no thanks", that clown couldn't recognize greatness when it was in his face.

:wow:

Would you be shocked if news broke that they bought FromSoft? :sas2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
its just weird that sony would be promoting fromsoft in this way since they don't even have a marketing deal for Elden Ring or anything.