PlayStation Plus has 48 million subscribers, new record high

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Plenty of business will gladly tell you how much revenue something generates but not tell you how much that revenue cost them to generate.
Funny how you’re not that analytical with Gamepass numbers when it’s announced other than to tell us how Microsoft are creating a Netflix of gaming with their 25m subscribers :jbhmm:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Funny how you’re not that analytical with Gamepass numbers when it’s announced other to tell us how Microsoft are creating a Netflix of gaming with their 25m subscribers :jbhmm:
I am I've tried to look into it but Microsoft doesn't say shyt. Last I knew they had 100 MAUs but that was a year ago. I can't even find out how many current Xbox Live members they have.

I was just curious about both those numbers because I didn't think either of those services were big profit generators.
Add PSNow subscribers and it’s at 50m, twice more than gamepass. Even though @winb83 will tell you Sony are behind Microsoft in gaming subscriptions :mjlol:
If they felt like you do that they're so far ahead of their competition why are they readjusting their strategy to respond to them? Do the Kansas City Chiefs really give a fukk what the Detroit Lions are doing?

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am I've tried to look into it but Microsoft doesn't say shyt. Last I knew they had 100 MAUs but that was a year ago. I can't even find out how many current Xbox Live members they have.

I was just curious about both those numbers because I didn't think either of those services were big profit generators.

If they felt like you do that they're so far ahead of their competition why are they readjusting their strategy to respond to them? Do the Kansas City Chiefs really give a fukk what the Detroit Lions are doing?
They’re joining up PSNow and ps plus into one single subscription package. It will not be a Gamepass rival. As they won’t have day one games on there.

And Gamepass unlike PSplus is not a profit generator, Microsoft unlike Sony doesnt give financial figures

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They’re joining up PSNow and ps plus into one single subscription package. It will not be a Gamepass rival. As they won’t have day one games on there.

And Gamepass unlike PSplus is not a profit generator, Microsoft unlike Sony doesnt give financial figures
I mean you brought up Game Pass not me. I'm well aware it's not profitable and likely won't be for a while. Doesn't really matter. I still believe the future business model of the industry will be closer to that than selling proprietary boxes and software that keeps inflating in price.