Play was the worst friend ever in House Party

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Play was going to leave Bilal in Sharanes projects to get beat down:mjlol:

Bilal - Why did you try and leave me:why:
Play - The way I seen you running I figured there was no use in both of us getting our faces kicked in :ld:

Bilal - :martin:

Play - So did you get the money :mjpls:

Bilal was annoying and had stank breath.

Just as the breh said, there's a Kid, a Play, and a Bilal like nikka in the crew always :manny:

There's the pretty boy nikka always getting the girls :queen:
The annoying but dependable nikka :gucci:
There's the nikka that got the ride (could be a combination of any of them :wow:)
There's the nikka that always had rules and had to be in the house at a certain time :francis:
And lastly, the nikka that always with the shyts causing hijinks :mjlol:

If your squad ain't built like above, then it's doomed to fail and yall aint really boys :ehh:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Play was a terrible fukking friend, yeah he redeemed himself later but how often in real life do people with that type of personality actually put forth the effort to redeem them selves....in real life Play would've just kept abusing and replacing friendships until it finally bites him in the ass and even then some people still don't care

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He finds a way to come through in the clutch like early 90’s Jordan though. Managed to get Kid out of a jail situation that would have had Kid permanently banned from Harlem :dame:. (Sidenote- The alphabet gang would probably have Kid’s head on platter if he drop those jail bars in this era :lolbron:.)

He also was able to come through with Sex as a weapon in part 3, which lead to Showboat’s henchwomen leaving Kid intact :manny:.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
The dynamic in this one was very interesting as well in the sense that a reputation is only worth something to those that are aware/care about it, in which case you can get away with plenty in the present due to what you've done in the past. Social proof goes a long way to defining roles and this the streets know well...

Same thing with education, if people think you're smart based on rep then even if you say something stupid they'll think they're the ones that are too dim to get it because you're on a whole nother level. Modern Art exploits this foible a lot because a lot of them are straight up trolls. People fall for it though because they want to seem like they're with it and know the intent, get the message and decode the frequency even if there really is nothing there to be seen at all. Emperors new clothes in full effect is the hallmark of the modern world.

Back to Class Act, it really highlighted the differences between educational systems based on wealth/poverty not only what they teach but how, resources allocated, sizes of the class, social environment etc.. ironically those who need the most get the least and here we are.

There's loads of commentary in every aspect of the movie, watch it again with an open mind and fully grown eyes and you'll see what I mean... Even the title works on many levels.
Prince and The Pauper

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...and I forgot how fine AJ johnson was in this movie...but this was in 1990 tho so I was probably still caught up in light skin girls (sign of the times)...but AJ johnson has always shytted on tisha campbell :banderas:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
He made up for it in part 2 after fukking up AGAIN with his tuition money once he sold 4Play and he tried to give Kid a banging bachelor party at least in part 3 but the kids stole the show with that one. He for sure shytted on Bilal more often than not though. And at least Kid did shoot the fair one with him in part 2 though they didn't show the fight.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
And Play kinda sorta did eluded to Kid that Sydney was more of his type and not Sharene.

I was about to say this lol

Told Kid he couldnt fukk with females from the projects and shyt lol

Play had self-serving reasons to steer Kid away from Sharane, though. :lolbron:

However, Kid was NOT built to handle a chick like Sharane.

She would have chewed him up, spit him out, and left him on permanent :mjcry: status.