Platinum offering their gussy up for sale like a cheap whore, begs for acquisition

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Expect microsoft, embracer or Tencent to scoop before summer

Platinum’s CEO says he wouldn’t dismiss acquisition offers ‘as long as our freedom is respected’ | VGC

Inaba responded by saying he'd be open to any possibility, as long as Platinum was afforded the kind of independence he expects Microsoft to offer Activision once its deal is completed.
"The most important thing for us is to have the freedom to make the games that we want to make," he said. "What I hear about the recent acquisitions, I don't think Microsoft is going to start micromanaging Activision to where they take away all their freedom… I don't think it's going to be a relationship like that.

"I think there's going to be a lot of mutual respect there and I think Activision will be able to continue doing what they do best. That's also what's most important to us at the end of the day, whatever form that takes for us and our company. So I would not turn anything down, as long as our freedom was still respected."

They pretty much want the bungie deal. They’ve been begging for money for the past few months looks like everything is on the table.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread title isn't Harlem approved, breh. :dame:

That said, them looking to get acquired makes sense. Getting by on the development equivalent of mercenary work doesn't seem like something that could sustain a studio and retain talent.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thread title isn't Harlem approved, breh. :dame:

That said, them looking to get acquired makes sense. Getting by on the development equivalent of mercenary work doesn't seem like something that could sustain a studio and retain talent.

Yeah, i just dont know how much they value themselves with no actual IP

Between, sega, nintendo, capcom, sony, Konami, square, etc their IP are divided everywhere so no platform holder really gets much claiming them

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Microsoft would snag them after the bullshyt they put up with although it does have the potential to help them out on the Japanese end. I don't think Nintendo cares but it would be a good studio for them to get on the low. As for Sony I could see them purchasing since they still have money to spend on acquistions and they do need a Japanese studio.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gussy :dead:

edit: also, they can't get a 'bungie deal' because they don't own shyt worth mentioning and what they do own doesn't pay for itself either

Yeah, for all the jokes about Bungie being for the streets, they're able to get away with hopping from deal to deal because they learned from their experience as a wholely owned subsidiary before, and have worked to keep their IP ownership.

Platinum apparently doesn't own any of this stuff, AND they specialize in niche titles. They're not exactly in a position of power here.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
The 300 Entertainment of game studios. Cash Money Games.

R.df5b408ad364e969d70cd7e0bdde4934

This should be a smiley. :untrustworthy: :shiesty:

Don't do it Phil!!

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, for all the jokes about Bungie being for the streets, they're able to get away with hopping from deal to deal because they learned from their experience as a wholely owned subsidiary before, and have worked to keep their IP ownership.

Platinum apparently doesn't own any of this stuff, AND they specialize in niche titles. They're not exactly in a position of power here.
if anybody is gonna take them in it should be whoever WB has locked in the basement cranking out superhero games :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't think Microsoft would snag them after the bullshyt they put up with although it does have the potential to help them out on the Japanese end. I don't think Nintendo cares but it would be a good studio for them to get on the low. As for Sony I could see them purchasing since they still have money to spend on acquistions and they do need a Japanese studio.

Japanese ain't fukkin with Xbox breh, no matter what.

It's on Nintendo to acquire them or Tencent. Then you'd probably have cats leaving so the company won't even be what it was.