Platinum Games Talk Self Determination and Microsoft Nearly Destroying Their Company

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Did you read the article or just skim through it?

You're shameless :picard:

You truly are an idiot :russ:

Where in the article does someone from platinum games make those claims?

Point it out for me:martin:

Plenty of developers have cited difficulty working with Microsoft. Partly why you have no good exclusives, your first party studios are lacking and no third party developer worth their salt wants to work exclusively with MS anymore (Console sales also have an effect here).
Like which ones? :ohhh:

@Barnett114 dont neg me from the shadows like a fakkit. Speak your piece :birdman:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
:mjgrin:
Platinum games issues comments about having no control of their property...

The author, showing bias, indicates it must be a shot at microsoft b/c the scalebound almost toppled their company....

And then, in the same breath, claims they were fortunate that NIER saved them while stating that NIER is also an example of not having any control over their creations.
:mjlol:

Just excise everything but the actual quotes of the writer since he's just trying to do a msft hit job.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like they put all there resources in scale bound and Microsoft canceled it.

That def hurt them

I wonder why they can’t or don’t publish there own stuff. They have the talent.

They lucked up with nier doing so well. It makes sense that they treat it like there cash cow now. It saved them from having to file.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Seems like they put all there resources in scale bound and Microsoft canceled it.

That def hurt them

They lucked up with nier doing so well. It makes sense that they treat it like there cash cow now. It saved them from having to file.

It is owned by Square so not really their cash cow seeing as getting another is dependent on Square say so. They just need to come with their own shyt from now on. These guys are amazing at combat and right now dominate that field in terms of that devil may cry combat style.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

That def hurt them

They didn't put any resources into scalebound. It was fully funded by Microsoft. Scalebound actually helped them fund other projects. Microsoft was the only ones to lose money on the project.

And they were never close to filing bankruptcy. The author of this article made that up. If they were having financial issues it was because every game they've ever made other than Nier has flopped.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This thread proves that Sony gaymers only read headlines.

Then questioned of meach read it because he pointed out the truth :laff:

You Sony dudes are a weird bunch and prove you are basically brainwashed :picard:
That Sony stan shyt makes these nikkas retarded.

Even @Barnett114 gets caught up in it and he's supposed to be a stand up guy :francis:

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Y'all kinda reaching with that Microsoft shyt. Sounds more like it's the fact that all of their games are tied to a publisher(Nintendo, Sega, etc.). So they can't for example, bring Bayonetta 2 to PC/PS4 if they wanted to.

They're my favorite developers along with From Software, so I hope it works out for them.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sounds like they're upset at all the publishers they've worked with, not just Microsoft.