Planning a party for my grandmother on my dad's side and it's 55 family member, what do I cook?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Maybe a mix of cookout staples (hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage) plus a couple fancier options (shrimp). That way you can go brazy on the sides instead of having multiple main courses. Get some mac n cheese, a lot of veggies, beans and rice, collard greens...whew invite me bro.

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I ain’t read this whole rant but the menu you posted looks more expensive than having someone cook up some shyt that scales well for 50 people. Lasagnas, big ass tray of fried chicken, cornbread, bagged salad, and a couple cakes and pies

Edit: also, just cuz you’re hosting doesn’t mean you should be the only one handling food. There needs to be people bringing stuff or chipping in money for you to cook/cater
Yo right but I've and been hard headed :dame:

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Maybe a mix of cookout staples (hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage) plus a couple fancier options (shrimp). That way you can go brazy on the sides instead of having multiple main courses. Get some mac n cheese, a lot of veggies, beans and rice, collard greens...whew invite me bro.
This the way to go highkey but I know 100% wont listen with no disrespect to you :russ::russ::russ:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Cater breh unless you got a gang of family members willing to help out with the cooking.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Cooking everything for a party that large isn’t a good idea. If you insist on something I would limit it to something you make REALLY well (that your family insists on your version); you can’t possibly control for taste and preservation, even basic food safety standards at this scale.

Logistically, your stove and fridge are but so big and you’ll run out of room just making one food. Timewise there isn’t much you can make in advance. Get it catered. I had my cousins cater my baby shower for that many people.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Also that menu doesn’t match, where’s the lighter fare like salads/ hours doeuerves?

The fried sides don’t pair with that seafood, which there’s also too many selections of.

Large Mixed Greens Garden Salad
Large Fruit Platter w/ Honey Dip
Full Pan Dinner Meatballs
Full Pan Crab Cakes
Served with Garlic Aioli Sauce
Half Pan Confetti Yellow Rice
w/ peppers & onions
Full Pan Macaroni & Cheese
Half Pan Honey Carrots
Full Pan Collard Greens w/smoked Turkey
Large Devilled Eggs
Large Vegetable Pasta Salad
Sangria
Full Pan & Half Pan Garlic Shrimp-Spanish

This was plenty of food and I added beverages for my shower

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i'm building 2 gaming pc's(one for one cousin and the other for the cousin with the son) and they gonna be like 5-7K A PIECE and i'm like it is what is it not batting an eye at these prices.
wtf, this is one of my money wasting hobbies and i couldn't run up a check like that if i tried