Planet Fitness question

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't do it. They literally force you to link up your bank account in order to join. And the worst is when you quit :francis:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I don't know what the situation is like where ya'll at, but at least around here there's plenty of gyms that offer an excellent alternative to Planet Fitness. I got my main grimy gym that I do my lifting at during the day, but my wife and I joined Fitness 19, it was a special of $5 per month, and they have what you would need to keep making progress (i.e. dumbbells that go over 65 lbs) as well as plenty of free weights. Even Fitness Connection around here has deals for $9.95 a month. It seems like other gyms are getting hip to game, at least around here, and they hurting Planet Fitness' pockets in the process.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I rode 9 miles on the bike yesterday, 10 miles today, after an hour the computer in the bikes gives you the :whoa: telling you to cool down

After my bike riding I messed around on the weight machines, even though I'm just starting out, I was able to lift 50 - 65 pounds on most of the machines surprisedly, during my teenage years I was able to lift only 20 pounds on the machines:heh:

Did reps of 10. I love it so far.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I don't know what the situation is like where ya'll at, but at least around here there's plenty of gyms that offer an excellent alternative to Planet Fitness. I got my main grimy gym that I do my lifting at during the day, but my wife and I joined Fitness 19, it was a special of $5 per month, and they have what you would need to keep making progress (i.e. dumbbells that go over 65 lbs) as well as plenty of free weights. Even Fitness Connection around here has deals for $9.95 a month. It seems like other gyms are getting hip to game, at least around here, and they hurting Planet Fitness' pockets in the process.

If you are in the South where the rent is cheaper and the logistics are different etc, that gives the smaller gyms a shot to compete..

In big cities like ny, unless your a chain gym like crunch or blink, it's hard to survive..they have the bread to get prime real estate...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I rode 9 miles on the bike yesterday, 10 miles today, after an hour the computer in the bikes gives you the :whoa: telling you to cool down

After my bike riding I messed around on the weight machines, even though I'm just starting out, I was able to lift 50 - 65 pounds on most of the machines surprisedly, during my teenage years I was able to lift only 20 pounds on the machines:heh:

Did reps of 10. I love it so far.
Did you ever sign up? There's 2 close to where I work. Been thinking of getting a membership but I don't wanna link up my bank account. I did that for LA Fitness (had no problem), but I don't wanna do that anymore.

I'm old school. I'd like to pay upfront. :mjcry:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Did you ever sign up? There's 2 close to where I work. Been thinking of getting a membership but I don't wanna link up my bank account. I did that for LA Fitness (had no problem), but I don't wanna do that anymore.

I'm old school. I'd like to pay upfront. :mjcry:
I signed up for Blink fitness which is the gym I went to in the post you quoted, I got the 15 dollar a month plan, it charges your bank account on the first of the month, maintenance fee of 49 dollars on the 3rd month.