Planet Fitness question

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm unemployed and bored so I been thinking about joining Planet Fitness to pass the time, however as you can imagine things is tight financially :sadcam:

The startup fee for my local PF is 10 bucks, do I have to pay the startup fee AND the 10 dollar monthly fee on the same day?

I know the question might seem stupid but I'm new to this kinda stuff and I don't wanna embarrass myself :mjcry:

Also can you use a debit card as payment at Planet Fitness?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm unemployed and bored so I been thinking about joining Planet Fitness to pass the time, however as you can imagine things is tight financially :sadcam:

The startup fee for my local PF is 10 bucks, do I have to pay the startup fee AND the 10 dollar monthly fee on the same day?

I know the question might seem stupid but I'm new to this kinda stuff and I don't wanna embarrass myself :mjcry:

Damn man i'm sorry to hear you are unemployed. I was unemployed for about 6 months in 2013.. worst experience of my life. Thankfully I found work right before my unemployment benefits ran out.

How old are you breh? You going to school? You can take city and state civil service exams for free if you are unemployed fam.. you should hop on that if you arent going to school.

Being unemployed if rough, being unemployed in NYC is the woat tho.

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Damn man i'm sorry to hear you are unemployed. I was unemployed for about 6 months in 2013.. worst experience of my life. Thankfully I found work right before my unemployment benefits ran out.

How old are you breh? You going to school? You can take city and state civil service exams for free if you are unemployed fam.. you should hop on that if you arent going to school.

Being unemployed if rough, being unemployed in NYC is the woat tho.
I'm 25, not going to school, I have some health issues (not physical) which is why I'm unemployed, I was planning to get disability benefits but the process takes forever.

Last night I applied to a bunch of fast food & retail jobs on some "why not?" type shyt. Just to get my foot in the door to being employed again, if all went well I would work there for a few months then would try to apply to a trade school.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm 25, not going to school, I have some health issues (not physical) which is why I'm unemployed, I was planning to get disability benefits but the process takes forever.

Last night I applied to a bunch of fast food & retail jobs on some "why not?" type shyt. Just to get my foot in the door to being employed again, if all went well I would work there for a few months then would try to apply to a trade school.

Where are you starting from? Are you trying to lose a bunch of weight or gain a bunch of muscle?

If you don't have a solid foundation of physical fitness under your belt, either from just not being active after high school or never had one. Start working out at home first especially if you dont have a job to afford to fit the bill for membership. Even if its $10. If your smoking and buying cigarettes and alcohol then you have some other money management issues to figure out. But work your way up to being able to do 80-100 consecutive pushups, 125-150 squats, 80-100 dips, the once you have that foundation take it to the next level by using dumbbell exercises and machines.

Therefore your not spending money to build a foundation, when you can build a foundation for free then put your money toward good goals and shyt. Another thing is think about friends or family that you have, do any of them have any dumbbells in the basement or garage that are just collecting dust? Put them shyts in your trunk and take them home (with their permission of course). and start working out at home.

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Where are you starting from? Are you trying to lose a bunch of weight or gain a bunch of muscle?

If you don't have a solid foundation of physical fitness under your belt, either from just not being active after high school or never had one. Start working out at home first especially if you dont have a job to afford to fit the bill for membership. Even if its $10. If your smoking and buying cigarettes and alcohol then you have some other money management issues to figure out. But work your way up to being able to do 80-100 consecutive pushups, 125-150 squats, 80-100 dips, the once you have that foundation take it to the next level by using dumbbell exercises and machines.

Therefore your not spending money to build a foundation, when you can build a foundation for free then put your money toward good goals and shyt. Another thing is think about friends or family that you have, do any of them have any dumbbells in the basement or garage that are just collecting dust? Put them shyts in your trunk and take them home (with their permission of course). and start working out at home.
I don't drink or smoke.

Trying to lose weight, I'm 6'1, 190 but I'm a little flabby, my plan was to ride the exercise bike for a half hour 5 days a week along with using the weight machines. The gym is a mile away from my house so I'm walking 2 miles a day on top of that. My chest is flabby so I mainly want to use the cable crossover machine.

In HS, I briefly had a weightlifting class and I LOVED using the weight machines, my arms even got a little solid :whoo:

I don't want to start working at home cause its tedious and lack of space, its easier to just go HAM on the exercise bike every day.

Also I'm not strong enough for dumbells yet :flabbynsick: my plan was to use the weight machines starting at 20 pounds and work my way up.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't drink or smoke.

Trying to lose weight, I'm 6'1, 190 but I'm a little flabby, my plan was to ride the exercise bike for a half hour 5 days a week along with using the weight machines. The gym is a mile away from my house so I'm walking 2 miles a day on top of that. My chest is flabby so I mainly want to use the cable crossover machine.

In HS, I briefly had a weightlifting class and I LOVED using the weight machines, my arms even got a little solid :whoo:

I don't want to start working at home cause its tedious and lack of space, its easier to just go HAM on the exercise bike every day.

Also I'm not strong enough for dumbells yet :flabbynsick: my plan was to use the weight machines starting at 20 pounds and work my way up.

Save your money breh, if you want a cut chest, get them pushups right. There are plenty of free pushup programs out there. theres one called 100 pushups it even has free apps for android and iphone do that and by the time your finished youll be strong enough for dumbbells

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Yes you will have to pay the start up fee plus membership.

Also in October, I believe there is this maintenance fee of $35 (but this is only one time per year)

:francis:

I know brehs clown planet fitness, but I don't really have a problem with it.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best advice right here

hqdefault.jpg

Start today. you're looking at your phone, you're surfing the web. Just go to the site, read through the entire program then start today. No money down, no start up fees, no email, no registration, no phone calls. Just click, read and start. You're reading this, stop reading this, read that. You're at home, you're laying on the couch, you're doing laundry, the kid is taking a nap, why aren't you doing this? Its free. The results are yours for the taking.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You should apply for a job at your local PF. They are always hiring. Workout for free. While you're at it, fill out an application for Costco, reapply every year.

For PF, it comes out of your checking account. You literally have to bring a check with you for the initial cost. Don't worry about asking for more info on the finances, its their job. They get hit with those questions everyday because most people keep a set amount in checking.

Chef

All Star
Daps

This shyt right here. I don't know how many times I've seen old Dumbbells help friends move and I ask about them. "Nah bro, I use those on the reg." While they're tucked in the corner with the nastiest build up of dirt. :martin:

Canada Goose

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Well I have an income now and will most likely join blink fitness, I have a free trial for one day and plan to use it in the coming days. My medication made me gain like 40 pounds plus I have high cholesterol:flabbynsick: my plan is to ride the stationary bike for an hour each day along with working out on the weight machines, I was a lot thinner when I made this thread.

Plus the doctor said working out would make my cholesterol go down so thats another reason to hit the gym:lift:

I will have to walk a mile each way from my house to the gym, which I don't mind.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're unemployed but wanna go to Planet Fitness to pass the time? :camby:

Breh, you better HUSTLE to pass the time. Or WORK at Planet Fitness.

But to answer your question, the fee will be prorated, and Planet Fitness often does specials. Depending on the time of the month you join you could get in there for as little as a few dollars up front.