Pizza Delivery Boy saves 5 children from burning house

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, their goal for hospital costs was just $100k but the GoFundMe is over $300k. And I think one of his other friends created another one that has a few grand too. Lifeflight can be incredibly expensive but that and the stay are probably already covered easily and I can even see the hospital potentially waiving the costs considered how he got the injuries, so he's gonna be somewhat better off financially now. I hope he's wise with the money, what a way to interrupt your struggles.

Saw some pics on his Facebook too, he really is hanging out with the family he saved now and they seem to all be loving each other.
Link to pics?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I wonder if he has kids
When you have kids man it awakens some dormant brain tissue in you that makes you care about all kids that are not even yours.
After my kids I made myself become a better person and I always helped people around me.

Nah, just a girlfriend.

For myself I just took it as him being one of those people who acts when they see a problem, rather than merely moving on. The worst thing in this world is for "good" people to do nothing. Just act. Often that's the biggest step.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
:salute: to that brave man

But the bigger question is.... how did that fire start? Was it the cause of carelessness?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if he has kids
When you have kids man it awakens some dormant brain tissue in you that makes you care about all kids that are not even yours.
After my kids I made myself become a better person and I always helped people around me.
If you need kids to make you care about all kids then you might not be that good of a person :hubie:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:salute: to that brave man

But the bigger question is.... how did that fire start? Was it the cause of carelessness?

They dumped some ashes into a bucket on the back porch. Apparently the ashes hadn't cooled enough and somehow started the fire there. At least that's what the firefighters said.

Daps
I went through firefighter training and even I wouldn't go inside a burning building without any gear. Props to this man. It could have gone the other way though for sure. To anybody that reads this, always be aware that yes, you can be the hero and make a move, but there's also a chance that you can die too. This could have easily gone the other direction.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
I do enjoy a feel good story. His GFM is about to clear 500k. Homie is going to be good after this.