Phoenix hits 100 days of 100° with no end to the streak in sight, soon 110°!!

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
:damn:

Phoenix has smashed heat record after heat record this summer and is on track to top some more as a deadly heat wave is forecast to arrive Wednesday.
Why it matters: Extreme heat is becoming increasingly common in Phoenix and the Southwest.

State of play: Phoenix hit 100° for the 100th day in a row Tuesday, and the streak has no end in sight. The previous 100-plus-degree streak was 76 days, set in 1993.

• Phoenix's average temperature of the meteorological summer (June-August) was 98.9° — beating the record of 97° from last year, per National Weather Service Phoenix meteorologist Sean Benedict.
next: A strong heat dome will send temperatures soaring into 110-degree territory in Phoenix as early as Wednesday.

• The Valley will be under an excessive heat warning from Wednesday at 11am to Friday at 8pm.

• Thursday is expected to be the warmest day of the heat wave, with high temperatures forecast in the 110- to 114-degree range, Benedict said.
What we're watching: Phoenix has hit 110° 54 times this year, and this week's elevated temperatures will likely be hot enough to top last year's record of 55 110-degree days, Benedict said.

The bottom line: Just because we've made it through several months of hot weather does not mean we are fully acclimatized to handle the extreme heat we are expected to see this week, Benedict cautioned.

• "Anybody can be impacted by this heat, especially if you have long exposure outdoors," he said.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Similar to the east coast with the possibility of sea level rises, a lot of people gonna head north or East. Ain't no way people can put up with that.

shyt is lowkey scary.

Daps
I'm in AZ now. so glad my folks don't live in the valley, it's a nice 80 degrees on this side with highs in the low 90s.
but man when i hit that airport parking lot, it was stifling.... and it was 9am!

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Dallas we finally had a summer that wasn't brutal. First time I can evrr recall.

Phoenix got it rough but it looks like it's breaking next week according to the 10 day