Philly schools axe sports, counselors, music, asst. principle with new budget

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
It amazes me how this country has fallen apart financially in almost every area with no turnaround soon.

Its really starting to get to a point in where I am questioning if I will even live here in 5 years.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Of all things government can cut, education should NEVER be one of them. This type of shyt sickens me.

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But.... Lets listen to 2chainz and turn up tonight

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
NBC 10 Philadelphia : BREAKING: Philly School Leaders Approve 'Doomsday' Budget

Faced with a huge deficit, education officials in Philadelphia have approved a bare-bones budget that even the district's chief executive says "falls catastrophically short" in providing an adequate education for its students.

The School Reform Commission approved a $2.7 billion spending plan that includes drastic cuts in art, music, athletics and other programs.

The vote means thousands of layoff notices could begin going out next month to assistant principals, guidance counselors and other employees.

Parents, teachers, students and community members begged the panel to reconsider, but commission members said they had little choice given the district's $304 million deficit.

School officials say they will work to secure additional funding from the city and state to help reduce the impact of the cuts.

Our youth are fukked :why: :sadcam:

:manny: schools in california been doing this.. almost every elementary school in my area is closed down and the high schools have to raise $750,000 a year from outside funds otherwise theres no sports for the entire year :demonic:

cities going bankrupt in cali, school sports least of they worry

but then the banks try and tell us we got bad credit :russ: when these banks and entire cities going bankrupt :russ: like who the fukk are you to judge when you aint got ya own shyt straight :rudy:

concise

Veteran
Daps
:manny: schools in california been doing this.. almost every elementary school in my area is closed down and the high schools have to raise $750,000 a year from outside funds otherwise theres no sports for the entire year :demonic:

:merchant: