Philly schools axe sports, counselors, music, asst. principle with new budget

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
NBC 10 Philadelphia : BREAKING: Philly School Leaders Approve 'Doomsday' Budget

Faced with a huge deficit, education officials in Philadelphia have approved a bare-bones budget that even the district's chief executive says "falls catastrophically short" in providing an adequate education for its students.

The School Reform Commission approved a $2.7 billion spending plan that includes drastic cuts in art, music, athletics and other programs.

The vote means thousands of layoff notices could begin going out next month to assistant principals, guidance counselors and other employees.

Parents, teachers, students and community members begged the panel to reconsider, but commission members said they had little choice given the district's $304 million deficit.

School officials say they will work to secure additional funding from the city and state to help reduce the impact of the cuts.

Our youth are fukked :why: :sadcam:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have been saying for the longest that we should educate our own kids. Well actually I've never said it. I think it's a great idea but there are other family structures that need to be worked on and implemented before doing that, including higher moral and value standing within parents themselves so they can be accountable and be able to provide an environment that can foster and promote education as well as decent morals and values.

DamonDashsRocAFellaChain

How could a man say he has a boss and be proud?
Daps
Will one of the teachers start fighting MMA to save the music program?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Another reason why I don't want to have a kid yet...I have to be able to pay for private school. Social and public services are going to hell here.

They closed 40 schools in one shot...who the fukk does that?

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I was home schooled thank the lord
But yeah this is terrible maybe not going to Philly was a blessing in disguise (my girls a teacher)

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
lol saw an IG post detailing how my old HS might lose all extra curricular activities, sports teams, nurses, counselors, etc. next year and thought it was a hoax it sounded so crazy. they thought these lil nikkas act crazy now, just wait.....

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
My mom moved us upstate back in '03 so I could go to one of the better school districts in our state :yeshrug:

A lot of people might have to make that sacrifice unless they want their kids goin' to East Side High (Pre-Morgan Freeman :demonic:)

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
man this sucks.

i went to an inner city high school in philly....not a great education but i made it out :whew:

my lil cousins are doomed :snoop: