Phil Spencer says he wants to see fewer console exclusives in the future

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So official statements in court are less accurate than random sony stan musings???

Sony stans :mjlol:

Again, they weren’t in court, those were sent to regulators in another country. They weren’t under oath making those statements. Its two companies trying to downplay and overstate the importance of a merger in their favor.

Either side can easily discount one metric in order to come up with numbers that support their argument. Its corpo speak

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is why Sony is shook.

If microsoft can really make this platform agnostic future work, then sonys business strategy goes out the window and they’d have no choice but to change and do it very quickly.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Less console exclusives means less of a reason to own multiple consoles. More people should go to PC then.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Can This guy shut the fukk up and put out some good games for Xbox?

They had some great franchises on their own and bought even more. Why are they fumbling the ball so much??

Cross play is cool and so is game pass but they've got some talented developers and studios in the stable now.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m the opposit. I wanna see more. I want a reason to own all consoles, as a techie :noah:

Exclusives also get higher budgets. You don’t really get games like last of us, horizon, god of war if they don’t need to sell consoles. They invest those big budgets into 1st party games because they dont have to rely on their sales, they just need to attract people to the ecosystem.

Once exclusives, or the need for them to go away so does the budgets.