Pharoahe Monch - Lost In Translation w/ feats from Phonte,Sa Ra,Diamond D,Jill Scott!

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
Isn't this some shyt? Which DJ or Hip Hop personality has paid attention to Monch's moves this week? This is their goddamn job, to report the culture to the people

I have to say something on this. This is Eminem's FAVORITE. This is the guy Hov is scared of to even mention.
He pioneered storytelling in a way that hasn't been done before. I like to think of Monch as Stanley Kubrick/Orson Wells of the microphone.

Pretty much everyone is silent on this guy and I know why, you can't recreate someone like this. Let's get this thread moving like the Cyhi one. For godsake, bloggers are dropping the ball. Of course this shyt doesn't move, because no one has been properly introduced to the timeless work. :win:*drops mic*
Hip Hip is controlled. The entire game. I've been tired of this control group of Dj's, video outlets, radio personalities, bloggers etc. acting like only J Cole and Kendrick are the only ones getting busy while they ignore everyone else. Been tired of the fake co-signs and the dumb fans who go along with it. I could post a ill song now by someone and no one will listen, once they get a major co-sign all of a sudden that person is so ill. So many nice females spittin' right now but all we hear about is Nikki and Iggy? FOH

Anyway, this my joint.

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Thought has been ferocious on the features recently.

'My psychiatrist waived the Doctor fees - when I waved the pistol and said 'Listen quit watching me so I can breathe'

:banderas:

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Legit free release is always worth it, especially from Monch. Dope mix for him to drop like that.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
a0389919139_2.jpg

1.Glorious – Sa Ra feat Pharoahe Monch 02:12
2.Calls (remix) – Robert Glasper feat Jill Scott and Pharoahe Monch 04:09
3.So Good – Pharoahe Monch 03:08
4.The Cycle – Eric Roberson feat Pharoahe Monch 04:52
5.Broken Heart – Pharoahe Monch 03:30
6.Broken Again -Pharoahe Monch 03:59
7.SKIT 00:33
8.Bar Tap – Pharoahe Monch feat Mela Machinko 03:07
9.The Light – Pharoahe Monch 03:34
10.So Fine – Brandon Williams feat DEnAuN and Pharoahe Monch 03:44
11.Home (We Got This) Pharoahe Monch feat Phonte & Tamisha 03:12
12.Loose Ends – Sergio Mendez feat Pharoahe Monch, Justin Timberlake and Will.I.Am 05:34
Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Paying supporters also get unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app.

Pharoahe Monch’s “Lost In Translation” is a collection of previously released songs from his solo albums as well as features from 2000 to 2015. Love being the consistent theme birthed the decision for a Valentine’s Day 2015 release. Featured on this set are appearances from Justin Timberlake, Jill Scott, Eric Roberson, dEnAuN, Brandon Williams, Sergio Mendes, Will.I.Am, Robert Glasper, Sa Ra, and Mela Machinko. The set also features one new track “Home (HGH)” featuring Phonte’ and Tamisha.
The title (taken from the film staring Bill Murray and Scarlet Johansen) is alluding to the fact that many of these songs have gone undiscovered by the public at large and more importantly Pharoahe’s direct fan base. W.A.R Media presents Pharoahe’s love letter to his fans on this day of love.

DOWNLOAD

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pharoahe Monch Provides Insight Into "Lost In Translation" Tracks
by DANIELLE HARLING

posted Tuesday February 17, 2015 at 11:00AM PST | 1 comments

• Pharoahe-Monch_02-17-2015-300x300.jpg
Pharoahe Monch says a music video for "Home" with Phonte may be on the way.

To help fans get better familiarized with the records featured on his newest project, Lost In Translation, Queens, New York rapper Pharoahe Monch offered a breakdown of a handful of songs, during an interview with WatchLoud.

Among the songs Pharoahe Monch spoke on was the newly-released “Home,” which also features Phonteand singer Tamisha. The record serves as “the third or fourth time” he’s worked with the former Little Brother lyricist and may possibly be followed by a music video.

“We did one new joint, something special that I just did with Phonte,” Pharoahe Monch said. “The record came out really good. It’s got the funk and bounce to it. People expect me to do ‘Releasing Hypnotical Gases’ on every song but I think people are gonna be surprised at the two-step bounce and the Tribe-Slum-Fatback Band bounce of this record. This is like the third or fourth time [me and Phonte] have worked together. He loves the record. We discussed doing a video for it. He’s rhyming on it, which I know people are gonna be happy about because he’s one of the best MCs in the game. He murders the song.

“Tamisha is an artist that works closely with Phonte on his stuff and Foreign Exchange,” he added. “What a voice. ‘Home’ is a metaphor between scoring at home plate in baseball and my rhyme is like the discovery…the significance of that being where you want to be in a relationship. Your house and home should feel good.”

In regards to Lost In Translation, Monch says the idea for the project stemmed from him wanting to give fans a sole place where they could find songs they may have missed.

“It’s real simple but it’s dope,” the New York City wordsmith said while speaking on Lost In Translation. “It is in fact a gathering of previously released songs that I’m sure even the biggest of Pharoahe Monch fans has missed. But instead of you going on Youtube and looking for them in all these different places, we remastered them and brought them in one place you can find for you and yours. The thing that ties them together is Valentine’s Day. It’s records like ‘The Light,’ ‘Bar Tap,’ ‘So Good’ — things that pertain to being in a bad relationship, good relationship, falling in love and things of those nature. But it’s not all lovey-dovey, wishy washy. It’s spiritual love, it’s sexual, it’s courting. It’s tied together really nicely in the order we put it in.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...vides-insight-into-lost-in-translation-tracks

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
From my head I might remove this gun
Live my life to the fullest have fun

Some Dr. Atkin shyt no fun's cause
99 problems and a bytch ain't one
Streets of new york walk into the sun
On some Martin-luther King we shall overcome
Dismantling biz, he's back on his grizz
Dismantling stress, he's handling his
Plans for summer tours and for various projects
I'm so focused now I can see through objects
Show how I can make some positive progress
Time is now, Oh so obvious

Easily one of my favorite verses of all time.:wow:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
I wonder where Pharoahe finds the inspiration for his songs? Many of his songs are very deep and tell a vivid story in just two or three verses. I'm just curious if he personally experienced some of the subject matter in his songs.

Daps
From my head I might remove this gun
Live my life to the fullest have fun

Some Dr. Atkin shyt no fun's cause
99 problems and a bytch ain't one
Streets of new york walk into the sun
On some Martin-luther King we shall overcome
Dismantling biz, he's back on his grizz
Dismantling stress, he's handling his
Plans for summer tours and for various projects
I'm so focused now I can see through objects
Show how I can make some positive progress
Time is now, Oh so obvious

Easily one of my favorite verses of all time.:wow:

:wow:

This song right here. I've LIVED on this song.

A broken heaaaaaart...

How Monch is so intricate and technical yet emotive astounds me to this day. Songs like Queens, The Light, you don't even realise all the things he's doing ... and his singing is one of the best...

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
This thread went to the bushes fast.. :damn: I missed it.

Glad it's back :ehh:

Jill Scott ... I still love her brehs.. :mjcry:

So are these old or new tracks or a mix. I see some of these are from other albums.

Last edited: