Pharoahe Monch - Lost In Translation w/ feats from Phonte,Sa Ra,Diamond D,Jill Scott!

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
hbqzTWx.jpg

eatR2N9.jpg

A retrospective of music? … well that's a bit different & sort of misleading. Cool that the phonte song is there. But there was no mention of this being a retrospective this week.

Breakdown of project:

Pharoahe Monch has let ample time go between his last release, PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, for fans to demand more from the philosophical MC. On that treble note, Monch shrewdly develops a way to renew what is longstanding–sort of like love unions–with a special compilation mixtape for Valentine’s Day titled Lost in Translation.

The rhyme vet doesn’t get enough credit for his songs about bruised and blossoming relationships as he does for his records about bruising blossoming rival rappers, but Lost in Translation manages to highlight his catalog as such. From discovering the reality of acceptance (“Broken Again”), indulging in the joy of infatuation (“Bar Tap”) to defining the true meaning of love (“Loose Ends”), a wide range of sentiments have been encapsulated to reflect a more believable representation of the human emotion.

Thanks to his well-traveled studio presence, the project features appearances from Justin Timberlake, will.i.am, Miss Jill Scott, Sa-Ra Creative Partners, Eric Roberson, Mela Machinko and a never-before-heard song with Phonte titled “Home (We Got This),” produced by Tommy Hillfiger. As Pharoahe so eloquently put it on Twitter: “Lost In Translation is a retrospective of songs about the pursuit of love, love lost & regained & its beautiful emotional journey.”

Everything is LIT, like the New Yorker’s say. Get a look at the exclusive drop of the artwork down below and check in at 2 p.m. for the full project.

Isn't this a perfect example of how the culture has slipped into praising dope house rhymes and dj's not giving light to a LEGEND who is currently untouchable on the mic or the lyrical sheet?
fukking amazing at the drop the ball that dj's are still doing on this culture to us all. Yes, the dj's that somehow think "nah, nah, aint no one want to hear that" We don't have time for that shyt anymore. fukk those dj's. This SHOULD be on the front page.

He's dropping a whole new project tomorrow! :ohhh:

The flood continues: Drake,Cyhi,Buck and Monch.

Get ready, brehhhhhhhhs :win:

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
Isn't this some shyt? Which DJ or Hip Hop personality has paid attention to Monch's moves this week? This is their goddamn job, to report the culture to the people

I have to say something on this. This is Eminem's FAVORITE. This is the guy Hov is scared of to even mention.
He pioneered storytelling in a way that hasn't been done before. I like to think of Monch as Stanley Kubrick/Orson Wells of the microphone.

Pretty much everyone is silent on this guy and I know why, you can't recreate someone like this. Let's get this thread moving like the Cyhi one. For godsake, bloggers are dropping the ball. Of course this shyt doesn't move, because no one has been properly introduced to the timeless work. :win:*drops mic*

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Yooooo, what's up wit these projects dropping out of the blue!? Monch a beast...this out yet?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can you praise something you don't know about? Shout out to Pharaoh!

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
How can you praise something you don't know about? Shout out to Pharaoh!

My point is, this is a common theme over and over again. It happens to the same artists who do not "dumb it down" And to me, I can understand why people can't understand it. Because Dj's for years have dumbed down the culture to the point where a song pretty soon will be "Okay Yeah…. Whooo Traphouse Skeeeert" I understand the industry wants to promote a culture that is easily digestible. But there is a line, it shouldn't be like this where someone who puts in the work is skipped over because he isn't carrying a lean cup in the video. And if has come to that, then some people need to get a pink slip. :mjlol:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My point is, this is a common theme over and over again. It happens to the same artists who do not "dumb it down" And to me, I can understand why people can't understand it. Because Dj's for years have dumbed down the culture to the point where a song pretty soon will be "Okay Yeah…. Whooo Traphouse Skeeeert" I understand the industry wants to promote a culture that is easily digestible. But there is a line, it shouldn't be like this where someone who puts in the work is skipped over because he isn't carrying a lean cup in the video. And if has come to that, then some people need to get a pink slip. :mjlol:

Let's see if it picks up steam. Is there a single out?:francis:

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
:ohhh:

SA-RA, Diamond D, Jill, Mr. Porter, Phonte :wow:

Will.I.Am and Timberlake :yeshrug:

I don't get the hate for Will I am as a producer. I understand the e d m backlash, but Will I aM was always dope from Day one…

Uh…lost change? He was on BBE for godsakes before he blew up to the stratosphere. He was on the SAME DAMN LABEL as Jay DIlla in the producer series that they did. He isn't a joke. He could run circles around a lot of producers/musicians today if he was locked in a studio w/ just a few select pieces of equipment. I understand the hatred but the dude is a master sample chopper/arranger/programmer. He was on Ruthless Records, he came from THAT school.

I just don't listen to those B.E.P. songs and pay attention to shyt like this. :whew:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I don't get the hate for Will I am as a producer. I understand the e d m backlash, but Will I aM was always dope from Day one…

Uh…lost change? He was on BBE for godsakes before he blew up to the stratosphere. He was on the SAME DAMN LABEL as Jay DIlla in the producer series that they did. He isn't a joke. He could run circles around a lot of producers/musicians today if he was locked in a studio w/ just a few select pieces of equipment. I understand the hatred but the dude is a master sample chopper/arranger/programmer. He was on Ruthless Records, he came from THAT school.

I just don't listen to those B.E.P. songs and pay attention to shyt like this. :whew:

I know all about BBE. I come from London.

I own all the Beat Generation albums.

I fukked with GO! off 'Lost Change'.

I know about ATBAN Klann too.

He may still be capable of that level of production, but life is finite - I'm not going out of my way everytime he drops something to check if he's decided to go back to his roots. If he kills his contribution to the Pharoahe tape - awesome.

I have way more respect for the things he was doing for kids in London than his music these days.