Phantom Thread (Dir : Paul Thomas Anderson, Starring : Daniel Day-Lewis) - Trailer added.

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Went to see this earlier in the week good movie overall. Nothing really stood out that much to make it great. Ill give it a 7/10 the twist was weird though

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
that twist has me fukked up

:mindblown:
Let me guess
thats-not-a-woman-thats-a-man-baby.jpg

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Classic Oscar bait, chick movie. Love DDL, but I'm not fukkign with this one. This looks so desperate it's like a parody of oscar bait movies.

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
I think PTA is brilliant and Daniel Day is the best actor of the last few decades, but man this looks boring as fukk.

I'm excited just on the strength that the last time they linked up they made the best film of the 21st century, but I'm kinda sad that this is what they came up with
If you TWBB was the BEST film of the last 19 years, then you prob shouldn';t see this

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
you're expectations are so outrageous I doubt anything could live up to them

I never said I expected it to be as good as TWBB. That's not possible.

I just said, considering its by the team that brought us TWBB, I have high expectations.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Got to see it at IFFR with the score played live by the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra.:wow:

And the gawd himself was in attendance alongside lead actress Vicky Krieps.:wow:

@FlyRy @HHR :umad:

dhTPNHO.jpg

krt22kR.jpg

XLmZ7bC.jpg

k7xGJQy.jpg

Movie was brilliant of course. Daniel Day-Lewis basically plays a snobbish British version of Daniel Plainview, dude was vicious with the disses. I loved the direction that the plot took (wouldn't call it a twist), it made sense and the weird romantic tension was captured perfectly by DDL and Krieps. The soundtrack of course is incredible and PTA just drops classic scene after classic scene on the canvas. :wow:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
That sounds incredible. I almost went back to see this a second time the day I saw it. Incredible film. The sound design and the foley work is brilliant.