Albums Pete Rock & Common - The Auditorium, Vol. 1 (Discussion Thread) | Update : Tour Coming

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry to be a pain, this isn't loading for me and I'm really interested in this project, anything newsworthy in the post ?
The embed doesn't work for some reason, but you can hear the beat if you go directly to IG. Pete tags Common, who thinks it's fire too, so could be for the project.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry to be a pain, this isn't loading for me and I'm really interested in this project, anything newsworthy in the post ?
if you click the "Visit Instagram" hyperlink in blue it should take you to Pete's post

• Dap
Reactions: ADP
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I hope this actually comes out cause I’m tired of Common’s “presidential inauguration music” as somebody called it on here. Too much safe background music from him the past few years.

The man is 50 years old acting in blockbuster films and dating Oscar winning actresses, he’s not going to be rapping about being on the block, hollering at hoes, and pissing on street corners after a drunk night out.

Presidential inauguration music actually sounds like refreshing after hearing senior citizens like Benzino, Eminem, and French Montana drop trash. Koonye West still reveling in his second childhood. And stalwarts like Mase and Cam doing skits and yelling “Pause” every 15 minutes.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The man is 50 years old acting in blockbuster films and dating Oscar winning actresses, he’s not going to be rapping about being on the block, hollering at hoes, and pissing on street corners after a drunk night out.

Presidential inauguration music actually sounds like refreshing after hearing senior citizens like Benzino, Eminem, and French Montana drop trash. Koonye West still reveling in his second childhood. And stalwarts like Mase and Cam doing skits and yelling “Pause” every 15 minutes.
Didn’t say anything about Common’s rapping. He can still rap his ass off and has done so even on those type of stuff I mentioned (and I don’t think Common has rapped about any of the stuff you listed either ever, or in 30 years :mjlol::mjlol:). His production though for years has been crazy soft and tame. Not saying he needs to rap over Metro Boomin and Turbo beats, cause there’s so many producers that would do wonders for him now, Pete Rock included.