Persona 25th Anniversary Website Launched, 7 New Projects teased

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lol breh I'm one of the BIGGEST Persona stans on here. I know it's what makes Persona Persona. I'm speaking on the parts where it drags for way too long in between story events. Like take for example the lull between the end of Futaba's palace and the beginning of Haru's dungeon. It felt like forever before anything happened and that's including the summer trip. Like you'll finish a dungeon in one day and then the calendar got 18 more days of you just fumbling along to past time. The first time you go through it it's fun because it's new but playing Royal I"m like "oh boy I KNOW you care deeply about Saru's art Yusuke!"

I know you’re supposed to kind of jump back in and out of palaces over the course of the month but does anyone actually play the game that way? I always just knock out the palace in the first 2 days and yeah, spend the rest of the time doing social stuff

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know you’re supposed to kind of jump back in and out of palaces over the course of the month but does anyone actually play the game that way? I always just knock out the palace in the first 2 days and yeah, spend the rest of the time doing social stuff
I just want them to find a new way to make the days more interesting. Persona 6 should definitely find new ways to improve the calendar system. They improved the dungeons imo greatly from Persona 4. I really enjoyed how they made it similar to SMT3:Nocturne.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Lol breh I'm one of the BIGGEST Persona stans on here. I know it's what makes Persona Persona. I'm speaking on the parts where it drags for way too long in between story events. Like take for example the lull between the end of Futaba's palace and the beginning of Haru's dungeon. It felt like forever before anything happened and that's including the summer trip.

Like you'll finish a dungeon in one day and then the calendar got 18 more days of you just fumbling along to past time. The first time you go through it it's fun because it's new but playing Royal I"m like "oh boy I KNOW you care deeply about Saru's art Yusuke!"

Idk, it felt like Persona 5 dragged at parts. I think the SMS system and verbose dialogs at times make the game feel way too long. Persona 4 didn't feel like this to me even though they had the "rainy days" gimmick to introduce a new dungeon.

Yeah, because you beat the palace in one day. :dahell:

You don't get an unlimited amount of time to do social links, so making the best of your time and having more time to do them is beneficial. :dahell:

I don't see the problem. Would you rather go back to the Persona 3 days where you couldn't do S-links and dungeons because you started your period? :dahell:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I know a lot of people ended up playing that way because they didn't do Takemi's link to get the SP regen items. Also kids.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
even without the sp regen I feel like it’s easy enough to do a place in one run by the 3rd

Depends. If you skip enemies, yeah. But you'll find yourself underleveled later on. The final few palaces, especially the 2nd to last one, pretty much requires SP regen to do in one run.

I had a pretty thorough playthrough and even I found myself needing to grind towards the end.

Edit: I played the regular version tho idk if Royal did anything different palace-wise.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, because you beat the palace in one day. :dahell:

You don't get an unlimited amount of time to do social links, so making the best of your time and having more time to do them is beneficial. :dahell:

I don't see the problem. Would you rather go back to the Persona 3 days where you couldn't do S-links and dungeons because you started your period? :dahell:

The game letting you finish the dungeon in one day is a change they made from vanilla Persona 5 because people complained that you couldn't do it in one shot.

My issue isn't with the social links, it's that there's a lot of downtime between major events and the social links are often boring so having more time to do boring things make the game feel like it's dragging.

I wish the choices during social links actually had impact like ironically Persona 3. I remember choosing certain responses could actually hurt your relationship and in some instances reverse it.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I basically want it to look like Tales of Arise graphically.
ShadyUnfitBallpython-max-1mb.gif

cz1zXQt.gif
Dunno I like Persona 5 look !ook more than this. It's one of the few cool and sytlish JRPGs. Please don't turn it into one of these over the top joints.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dunno I like Persona 5 look !ook more than this. It's one of the few cool and sytlish JRPGs. Please don't turn it into one of these over the top joints.
Persona 5 already look close to this during cutscenes.
6dc5a7f787c8e829e05f6bffbf2fac20303dd34a_hq.gif

4088e638adf01a05006f2dcf1ad557de1eddadf5r1-540-250_hq.gif

I don't mean it should change it's art style completely.

I just would like this to be consistent with the gameplay graphics/overworld. In the gameplay portions of the game and especially when walking around the game looks more stiff and less free flowing. It wouldn't hurt for the game to be more alive since we spend a lot of time walking around. Characters just be standing there motionless.

They both share the cel-shaded art style.
tumblr_pxyalyV3921trusqho3_540.gifv

P5
06effd52fac7aa7572ff458dfa499a84dd44fd48r1-540-231_hq.gif

They're gonna have to upgrade the animations/graphics eventually.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's been 5 years. Time to move on from all these spinoff games and quasi-sequels and either do a real full blown sequel in the style of the original game or just move on to Persona 6. We don't need another 8 year wait in-between games. The milking of the games in this franchise has gotten absurd.

I'd rather they just move on to Persona 6. If we're being real Persona 5 was a PS3 game and the development took so long it came out in this weird cross generation state. Persona 6 is now facing that same issue. They don't have an actual original Persona sequel on PS4 and if they've been developing 6 for a few years it's likely a PS4 game that will get a half-assed PS5 port.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Persona 5 already look close to this during cutscenes.
6dc5a7f787c8e829e05f6bffbf2fac20303dd34a_hq.gif

4088e638adf01a05006f2dcf1ad557de1eddadf5r1-540-250_hq.gif

I don't mean it should change it's art style completely.

I just would like this to be consistent with the gameplay graphics/overworld. In the gameplay portions of the game and especially when walking around the game looks more stiff and less free flowing. It wouldn't hurt for the game to be more alive since we spend a lot of time walking around. Characters just be standing there motionless.

They both share the cel-shaded art style.
tumblr_pxyalyV3921trusqho3_540.gifv

P5
06effd52fac7aa7572ff458dfa499a84dd44fd48r1-540-231_hq.gif

They're gonna have to upgrade the animations/graphics eventually.

Shin Megami Tensei in the Tales of Arise watercolor style would look CRAZY