People who keep looking at you while you work out

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
I never noticed until one of my coworkers pointed it out while I was doing box jumps. I usually do a set of 10 midworkout just to see how bouncy my legs are and how much I feel like working legs that day.

And maybe 3 or 4 into it one time I look over at coworker standing beside it waiting for me to finish so we can go do some other exercises and she's chuckling. I ask her whats funny and she just says land how you do when you finish your set (I do a 180 off the platform and walk away smooth).

So I do that dismount and as I'm turning I see a good 10 or 15 people in the bodyweight area around me standing there looking at me like :dwillhuh:

Ever since then I've been mad conscious of people watching me while I do my box jumps and bodyweight exercises:picard:

Sidestory: This other time I was doing box jumps a few weeks after that and I noticed these 3 chicks just standing beside the platform mid set. 2 of em were real cute and I was feeling myself that day so I stopped and raised the platform up another rung on it. Like another 8" or some shyt. Chicks were like :ohhh:. I'm like :jawalrus: on the outside but kind of :sadcam: on the inside cause I never tried it but I felt like I could hit it if I fully committed to it. Tryna stunt. So I landed it pretty easily actually and the chicks were like :ooh:. So the chicks ask me how do you do that, what'd you train to get that high, show me how, blah blah blah. So 1 of the 2 cute ones decides she wants to try it and I'm like :whoa: lets drop this down to maybe a foot off the ground. I don't know if you can do this, you said you never tried it before. So me and her 2 friends are standing there watching her like :lupe:. I shyt yall not this chick jumped, like a half-ass, non-committed jump with one leg above the other and her low foot caught the platform going up. Her high foot caught the platform coming down. She kneed her self in the head and landed dead on her back like :dead:. I watched that shyt like :whoo:, the one that wasnt cute was damn near rolling on the floor laughing and the other cute one was looking at her friend on the ground like :stopitslime:. I ended up getting the other cute one's number after we got their friend off the floor but nothing much came from it :manny:. I at least got a hilarious gym story out of it.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Kind of appreciate people staring sometimes....

They're trying to peep game, but it subconsciously helps if you're the competitive type. It's like, "Enjoy the show" and then you use that pressure to showcase your best technique and number. A little ego helps sometimes.

I've been at it for a grip, but I'll still check people out when they're working out. :ninja2:

Heat checks are obvious. Everyone does that, but if not the ladies, I may scope someone doing an exercise that I've avoided because it was called trash to see if the person doing it has any kind of results that would change my mind or if it looks beneficial to me.

Other times, if I see someone doing a significant amount of weight, I try to estimate when they're going to start struggling and watch for that point to see if they break through or not. On occasion, if someone has a breakthrough and happen to catch me watching, I give them a quick :smugdraper: and nod for encouragement, then get back to work.

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
I have a very average build so this isn't an issue for me

only time I get looks is when I'm deadlifting because I weigh around 170 and deadlift twice my bodyweight with good form :yeshrug: if only my squat and bench could progress at the same rate:mjcry:

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
I have a very average build so this isn't an issue for me

only time I get looks is when I'm deadlifting because I weigh around 170 and deadlift twice my bodyweight with good form :yeshrug: if only my squat and bench could progress at the same rate:mjcry:

Hope that’s for reps breh:ufdup:

Good way to build strength is to do a smolov Jr routine. Goes by percentages of your 1 rep max. Starts at 70% all the way to 85%. Dope routine did it for my bench got it to 285 at 173lbs.

Another way is still percentages but on your last set you do a amrap set. If you hit 8+Reps increase the weight by 2.5-5%. Less than 8 decrease.

Daps
Only get stared at on the platform if I'm doing Zercher squats, cleans or deadlifts....females especially be staring on deadlifts...probably because they're thinking "that might make my azz bubble up like J-Lo" :russ:.

Real talk: is it me, or do whites, Latinos and Middle Eastern look for attention in the gym? Asian dudes just get in there and handle business while most brehs seem the same way. If there's grunting and loud ass noises, it's almost ALWAYS a white boy trying to show out (no matter how much he's lifting). Latinos and Middle Easterners always skip leg day and always seem to find a piece of equipment next to the (white) girl with the biggest titties and flattest stomach.

I know I can't be imagining this shyt.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
they mirin:manny:
look at it as setting the example of what people are striving to be. when i was a young pup i used to look at the biggest people in the gym and see what they were doing. that's how i learned. and now when people look at me i feel like it's because i look good or cause im extra hype and bouncing round too much:pachaha:

Little Gay boy you once were still there

Ron_Mexico

All Star
Daps
Only get stared at on the platform if I'm doing Zercher squats, cleans or deadlifts....females especially be staring on deadlifts...probably because they're thinking "that might make my azz bubble up like J-Lo" :russ:.

Real talk: is it me, or do whites, Latinos and Middle Eastern look for attention in the gym? Asian dudes just get in there and handle business while most brehs seem the same way. If there's grunting and loud ass noises, it's almost ALWAYS a white boy trying to show out (no matter how much he's lifting). Latinos and Middle Easterners always skip leg day and always seem to find a piece of equipment next to the (white) girl with the biggest titties and flattest stomach.

I know I can't be imagining this shyt.

Always the white guy grunting no matter the weight :russ:

Some these Asian cats be banging everything around too not controlling the weights and shyt. :stopitslime:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl do it to peep game. I just try to give good advice and kim. Only person im competing with is myself