people talk about how bad Chitown's crime is right now...

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Its nice how you conveniently left out 2012 in your "analysis" of Chicago.

Why are people talking about the crime in Chicago right now? Cause in 2012 Chicago's murder rate increased, while the national murder rate was the lowest its been in the past 50 years. Thats why. The media took notice and are giving this attention.

Cherry pick shytty cities no one cares about all you want and post their murder rate to support your "argument" if you think thats going to prove your point. But the fact remains in the past calendar year, Chicago, a global city, bucked the national trend. If you dont see why the white media would pay more attention to a city like Chicago as opposed to Oakland or Detroit to begin with, then this discussion has been futile from jump.

As far as I know, 2013 seems a lot less crime riddled as compared to 2012 in Chicago, so next year the national spotlight will probably be on another city. We'll have to see.

I left out 2012, because the numbers havnt been officially released by the fbi yet till August or so :ufdup:

and I was showing a trend that since 2000, all numbers for a lot of crime ridden cities has increased or stayed the same, while chicago has gone down..

so pretty much take ya L moron and log the fukk off, moron.

tumblr_inline_mloma86lKt1r3f2xs.gif

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I hate the argument that "things were worse in the 90s". Just because they were once worse doesnt mean we shouldnt try to keep getting better faster. Who knows why its getting publicity now but we should be GLAD its getting publicity. The more it shocks people and gets recognition, the faster things will change.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
I left out 2012, because the numbers havnt been officially released by the fbi yet till August or so :ufdup:

you also left out a response to the rest of my post :ufdup:

deviations in the official numbers are relevant to other crimes, not so much murder. murder is pretty cut and dry...someones either dead or they are not dead. as opposed to say a burglary that has been downgraded to petty theft or some shyt. the number of murders will only go up...not go down. people dont come back to life. put someone that was shot in the head back in december 2012 and been in a coma might finally succumb to their injuries in may 2013, which would change it from an attempted murder to murder.

who knows what we're discussing anyway. the OP asked a question, I gave my opinion on one of the factors based on factual data. if you have a different opinion on why crime is highlighted so much in chicago right now then go ahead and tell him.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
cause now kids are dying

more and more kids gettin clipped down over that gang shyt

yup. seems to be more kids involved now. but who cares if the numbers dont match up. yall complain when nobody is reporting and complain when they do.

tell those parents or the ppl who live there " Hey its not as bad"

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
this is funny.

Because first people complained that "nobody cares about the hood"...and then they report it, and then its "why yall acting like its bad?"

How do you want it? :takedat: :pachaha:

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
check out the many homicides we had back then particuarly in the 90's

1928: 399
1965: 395
1974: 970 da fukk?
1990: 851
1991: 927
1992: 943
1993: 855
1994: 931
1995: 828
1996: 796
1997: 761
1998: 704
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

and all except 96,97,98 were years that i wasn't even alive or wasn't living here.

i really hope the violence to stop but crime is nothing new here. why people making a big deal about it like... just now?

Obama became prez

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It's a great thing that people finally are saying "enough is enough", it's takes someone lighting a fuse for people to confront society's demons

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
970 murders is like 3 each day in a city of millions. You would have to have terrible luck to be that dude that day. That is bad but still livable.

My friend, You're just looking at the surface.

Killings in Chicago are segregated. The bad neighborhoods are just as fukked up as anywhere else. Period.

And I've been to many places in the US of A.

Plus why are we just talking about murders. WHat about other crimes Like shootings, assault, robberies etc etc.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
peeps these videos. Goes to show you that this shyt has been going on for years and decades
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8HY-tixVak[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JB10_uMEb4[/ame]