People really going hard in these streets over bicycles huh

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
[ame=http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh3WlNK4rdxbp5423s]Video: Bike Thief Gets Busted: Guy Drives From Portland To Seattle To Get His Stolen Bike Back![/ame]

:laff: @ the citizen's arrest. Did this nikka really think that was going work?

But :wow: @ da nikka getting charged with a Class B felony, thats like 10 years minimum just for stealing a bike (albeit a 2500 one at that)

At first I thought this nikka was crazy when he was driving 160 miles for a damn bike but then when he said it was $2500 :damn: them cyclist really love they sport.

*On a sidenote why are white people sports so expensive, I mean 2500 just for the bike? aint it expensive to do golf and all that other shyt, no wonder no nikka be in these sports :mjpls:*

Daps
"this is how it goes down everybody. that's why you don't steal from bicyclists"

well now i know. :leon:

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
background story behind this?

Dude was in Walgreens, and saw a bum snatching his bike from inside….instead of going outside to put his paws on dude, he yells for the :flabbynsick: employee to call 911. Dude got away, happily. (I think that was CTK’s story)

Glassomilk

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Sum Beach Sum Where
I can relate. I had my $1000 bike stolen. Had me :sadbron: and I was devastated. Found it a few days later on Craigslist :krs: ...a bike shop bout 20 miles away was sellin it after a guy traded it in. Went to the shop, called police & got her bak. Thieves even took off the serial number :pacspit:...idk if they ever caught em. I let the bike shop deal wit it cuz they lost. I got my bike bak :myman:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can relate. I had my $1000 bike stolen. Had me :sadbron: and I was devastated. Found it a few days later on Craigslist :krs: ...a bike shop bout 20 miles away was sellin it after a guy traded it in. Went to the shop, called police & got her bak. Thieves even took off the serial number :pacspit:...idk if they ever caught em. I let the bike shop deal wit it cuz they lost. I got my bike bak :myman:

Without the serial how did u prove it was yours?

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
one of my older bikes was stolen from the hallway of my apartment building. i was straight up fukking bummed. called the cops (who never showed up), and basically figured my bike was gone. it was my only transportation and made my life so much easier it was like losing a friend. i put up posts on craisglist and the BikePGH messageboard. didn't hear a peep. i found out two days later that a crackhead had been trying to sell my bike at the sunoco a few blocks away for $20 at 2 in the morning but had gotten away. :rudy: :ohlawd:

flash-forward about three weeks later. i didn't have enough money to buy another expensive bike so i am fukked. my band and i travel to columbus OH to play a festival. i get a phone call while i am in the club from an older dude who owned a bike shop in maryland (his mother and family actually lived right near me in the east end of PGH). someone had bought the stolen bike from the crackhead, sold it on craigslist, and someone from the dude's family sold it to him so he could sell it at his shop. :gladbron:

so after i told him some stuff about the bike: size, make, model, color, etc., i tell him there is an Iron City Bikes sticker on the downtube. he asks me a question. he says "there is a piece of colored plastic at the end of one of the brake cables... what color is it?" :damn: keep in mind that this piece of plastic was probably a half-centimeter long and .3 centimeters wide. i didn't know right off the top of my head because it was there when the bike was brand-new and i never looked at it. i guessed from the best of my recollection and said "hot pink" because it flashed through my mind for some reason and i was RIGHT!

dude came up later that week to visit his sick mother, met me in the whole foods parking lot a block from my house with my baby. i gave him all the cash i had, around $50, and basically profusely thanked him until he told me he wouldn't sell it anyways because it would be "bad bike karma" to sell a stolen bike. one of the luckiest things that ever happened to me. i still can't believe it. i got a better bike now but i will always keep that one around just in case.