People immediately feeling threatened when you tell them you're into boxing/kickboxing/mma

Daps
Scared for what? If we dont have a problem then ima salute you. But if we have a problem and you willingly tell me your a registered fighter and your hands are a deadly weapon Im clapping you up:bustback:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Just don't tell people. Most of the time somebody who trains and at least spars can probably do better if something were to arise and you needed to defend yourself just from muscle memory and reacting the right way within the first few seconds...which in most encounters makes the most difference when taking on unskilled fighters in the street

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weight training is much better. I can't fight for shyt, but my sheer size has got me out of some scrapes at times. . Deterrence is much better,broken hands, police banging on your door, and thats if you win. Life isn't a school playground unfortunately.

And , from the rare occasions I have been in fights Iam not certain martial arts of any type really helps. Because people just pick up chairs and bottles, or they attack one person in a group. I remember the time a 'champion kick boxer' with a reputation got smashed round the back of a head with a heavy ashtray he wasn't in a good way , best just to avoid it if you can, it never goes well.